PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 26-08-2012, 12:28   #106
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I was thinking the same. Expect an entry for 'The Boogens' soon.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 19:18   #107
StringerBell
  • Supports: Reds & Phoceens
  • PSN: Stringer_-_Bell

StringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno394 View Post
Satan's Little Helper (2003)

Cast

Alexander Brickel, Katheryn Winnick, Amanda Plummer

Plot (No Spoilers)

A young boy obsessed with a videogame called Satan's Little Helper decides to spend Halloween with who he believes to be Satan and he unwittingly becomes the pawn of a Serial Killer.

Thoughts

This surprised me a lot. It is a low budget horror and for 1 I did not expect much, however it turns out to be a great little twisted film with plenty of morbid humour. Some good scenes of violence, some laugh out loud moments (wait until the killer changes costumes and turns up at the kids houses in the second half of the movie, it is brilliant or the shopping cart scene) and a cast of mostly unknowns (I recognise the mom) and a kid who aren't actually malignant cunts for once.

Trailer

Can't find an english one on youtube but here's a foreign dubbed one.

This looks really good gonna see if I can get my hands on it- minus the annoying Castilian accents of course.
Old 30-08-2012, 19:21   #108
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
This looks really good gonna see if I can get my hands on it- minus the annoying Castilian accents of course.
Please don't set your hopes too high, it is actually enjoyable though once you get past the cheapness.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:22   #109
StringerBell
  • Supports: Reds & Phoceens
  • PSN: Stringer_-_Bell

StringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

So I saw it and well it was okay not bad in retrospect I dont know why I was so excited about wanting to see this when I legitimately have tons of other films on the back burner. The little kid was a horrible actor and way more naive then someone his age should have been. The mother acted as if she was on meds the whole movie the only saving grace was the blond girl and the convenient plot twsit they used to get in her in a two piece top. Oh and I dint expect to see TnA in this kind of a film. I also recognized immediately that they filmed this in Westchester here in NY definitely not an island lol
Old 03-09-2012, 10:10   #110
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I intend to try and archive all of these in the first post at some point:

From Beyond (1986)

Cast

Jeffreys Combs, Ken Foree, Barbara Crampton

Plot (No Spoilers)

Dr. Pretorius and his colleagues are working on a sensational experiment: by means of stimulation of the pineal gland, they want to open the human mind to higher dimensions. When the experiment succeeds, however, they are immediately attacked by terrible life forms, which apparently are floating around us all the time. When Dr. Pretorius is killed by one of them, Dr. Tillinghast is under suspect and thrown into the psycho ward due to his stories. Only the ambitious psychologist Dr. McMichaels believes him and wants to continue the experiment.

Thoughts

Jeffrey Combs always had that uncanny ability to play the oddball scientest in a believable way. His Dr Tillinghast is not nearly as demented as Herbert West, but if you liked Re-Animator you'll certainly love this, which is arguably a better spiritual sequel to that film than Bride or Beyond. The make-up and effects are fantastic, and the ending is just crazy - you can see Brian Yuzna already formulating ideas for Society with the design for Pretorius.

DVD Availability

R1 Director's Cut DVD. Second Sight will be releasing a Blu-ray (probably steelbook) next year.

Similar watching

Re-Animator and its sequels, Society, Braindead.

Trailer

"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
Old 09-09-2012, 15:58   #111
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

The Boogens (1981)

Cast

Some cunts

Plot (No Spoilers)

In a small town near Denver, two young men begin to explore a long-abandoned old mine recently re-opened by a group of minors. When one the men is discovered missing, his friends begin a search that leads them to horrifying consequences. They're all unaware of the evil that's been unleashed and soon, one by one, a monster that no one has seen snatches up the townspeople. Suddenly, the grisly truth is revealed and a young couple is forced to confront the unknown in order to save their lives... and the entire town.

Thoughts

A monster film from the early 80s that holds up very well and remains surprisingly atmospheric. The snowy, small-town mine setting is reminiscent of My Bloody Valentine, and like that film it benefits from having main characters in their late 20s rather than teens. Don't go expecting Stan Winston-esque effects for the creature and you'll be alright.

DVD Availability

Recently released R1 DVD or region-free Blu-ray.

Similar watching

My Bloody Valentine, The Thing, Humongous

Trailer

Old 07-10-2012, 14:21   #112
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

I've updated the first post with links to all my individual recommendations (in chronological order). If Jonno and Phat wish to do the same then we can put them in also.

The Johnsons (1992)

Cast

Some Dutch cunts

Plot (No Spoilers)

According to an ancient Indian tale a giant monster embryo residing in a crystal vase is predetermined to fertilize a blue-eyed woman. She will give birth to something evil to unleash horror and destruction upon human kind. Ugly septuplet brothers reproduced within the framework of mysterious genetic experiments terrorize a young innocent girl who seems to be chosen for the sinister predestination.

Thoughts

The Dutch don't do many horror films but I imagine this is one of their best. It's very original and the story well thought-out, and there's some terrific gore in the final third, particularly one death involving an electric bread knife. My only complaint was that one of the Johnsons is not accounted for near the end; rather big oversight on the part of the director.

DVD Availability

R1 OOP DVD.

Similar watching

Can't think of much, but perhaps films involving women giving birth to evil offspring.

Trailer

Old 09-10-2012, 11:44   #113
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Sleep Tight (AKA Mientras Duermes; 2011)

Cast

Luis Tosar

Plot (No Spoilers)

A dark thriller about an unhappy Barcelona apartment-block concierge set on destroying the happiness of others, in particular a young female resident.

Thoughts

If you saw The Resident, this is like it but ten times better. Luis Tosar is again brilliant in the role of the psychopathic concierge who takes pleasure in destroying the lives of his residents. He takes to lying under and in a particular resident's bed (while they're in it, unaware), and there's a great scene where he's close to being rumbled and we actually end up fearing for him. Another highlight is his dressing down of some old bitch which is some extremely cold shit. Great ending too.

DVD Availability

Spanish English-friendly DVD and Blu-ray.

Similar watching

The Resident, Crawlspace

Trailer

Old 02-10-2013, 13:44   #114
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Time to revive this shit but useful thread; it's been too long.

The Town That Dreaded Sundown (1976)

Cast

Ben Johnson, Andrew Prine

Plot (No Spoilers)

A Texas Ranger hunts for a hooded serial killer terrorizing the residents of a small town, set in 1946 Arkansas. Loosely based on a true story

Thoughts

I'd wanted to see this one for a long time, and it didn't disappoint. It should be said that the film is a curious mix of a proto-slasher and serial killer crime drama, with some popular drive-in elements of the day thrown in (think slow motion car chases). There's also some unnecessary attempts at humour involving the Sparkplug character (director Charles B. Pierce), which create something of an uneven tone. But there can be no question that the sequences involving the 'Phantom Killer' are brilliantly executed, genuinely tense and unquestionably creepy. His appearance surely inspired that of Jason in Friday the 13th Part II, and quite possibly the many slashers that followed, but it's rare to see such an intense killer, with his expressive eyes and rapid breathing under his hood. Great ending as well. Put up with the dodgy humour (it's only in small doses) and you'll find a very unique and atmospheric film here. Unfortunately, it's getting a moronic-sounding remake.

DVD/Blu-ray Availability

After years of nothing, Scream Factory released a fine Blu-ray/DVD combo pack of this earlier this year. Unfortunately the Blu-ray is region-A locked. The DVD is region 1, and includes another unknown gem by Charles B. Pierce, The Evictors.

Similar Watching

Hard, since it's quite unique.

Trailer

Old 03-10-2013, 18:42   #115
Usul
  • Supports: FCB

Usul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeUsul is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

It's a great thread..

Mientras Duermes was so disturbing. The scene in the bathtub so realistic. I don't think I've ever been so uneasy watching someone die. European films have this gritty feel bout them that I seldom get from North American films.

I am very interested in watching From Beyond. I used to play an RPG based on H.P Lovecraft's works called The Call of Chtulhu. I was specially drawn to stories about astral and extra-dimensional creatures, primordial gods and their cults and demonic minions. Needless to say, I'm extremely intrigued to see what it's about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Usul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 19:03   #116
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

If you've seen Re-Animator, you'll like From Beyond. It's not really high-end Lovecraftian stuff, though extra-dimensional creatures are present (in a way). It's great entertainment nonetheless, and the effects are very impressive.
Old 02-10-2015, 13:14   #117
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Bumping for future reference