PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 11-07-2017, 09:37   #16
Ali
It is happening again
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Decent episode aside from a few randomly placed scenes - the chair buying scene was pointless, and so was that one with the kid (Audrey's brother?) running into the wall. But that may pave the way for Audrey to return. Who were those girls at the end?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 16:07   #17
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

All Andy and Lucy scenes are pointless now, I've said that before. Tonally the program is a lot darker these days so they stick out like a sore thumb (can we at least have some light music during these scenes?). Moreover, they look like crap. So long as their son doesn't turn up again I can at least tolerate them, but the scenes smack of fan service and pity.

That, and my annoyance at the regular use of ending songs aside (again, pointless), I thought it was another very good episode, with the plot nudged further along. Loved the stuff with Bobby, Hawk and Truman. The scene with Bobby's mother was wonderful (I love how important the Major is even though the actor has snuffed it, much like BOB), and I'm glad to see Bobby has an integral role in the episodes to come. They should do a new incarnation of the Bookhouse Boys and bring Big Ed back into the fold.

The FBI arc continues to intrigue, especially with Diane receiving a cryptic text message from Evil Coop. Thought Matthew Lillard was once again very good, and I'm interested to see where that blog stuff goes.

It's fairly obvious Ben doesn't give a shit about his son. I guess it could be a way to get Audrey back in if he's dead, not sure what the point of it was otherwise (that said, this show often just shows certain things for the fuck of it, so who knows if it has that much relevance - same could be said for the armpit rash).

I demand to see Big Ed next week. Tim Roth just doesn't compare.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 18:01   #18
Ali
It is happening again

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

The image of Dougie flapping his arms about during the sex scene was quite amusing. Other than that, it was a decent-ish episode, although the overall plot didn't really move forward that much. Good to see Catherine Coulson again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 18-07-2017, 18:14   #19
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

One (familiar) gripe - ending the episode with a shit 6 and a half minute song (featuring Moby no less) was absolutely outrageous, especially as the episode was already 5 minutes shorter than usual. I mean, stomaching a 3-minute song is bad enough, but this was unforgivable. Lynch can fuck off with that shit, I really wish he hadn't gone down the endcap song route.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
Old 18-07-2017, 18:23   #20
Ali
It is happening again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
One (familiar) gripe - ending the episode with a shit 6 and a half minute song (featuring Moby no less) was absolutely outrageous, especially as the episode was already 5 minutes shorter than usual. I mean, stomaching a 3-minute song is bad enough, but this was unforgivable. Lynch can fuck off with that shit, I really wish he hadn't gone down the endcap song route.
Yeah, it's odd. Although I don't mind the music in general, having 6mins of it is just too much. I did notice that Lynch actually wrote the ending song for this episode.

Old 18-07-2017, 21:12   #21
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

That kind of indulgence makes it worse. You'd think directing, writing and starring would be enough for the auld cunt.
Old 25-07-2017, 10:02   #22
Ali
It is happening again

Lynch is definitely trolling us with all these potential Cooper "awakening" triggers, the latest being the cherry pie. Great episode though, full of memorable scenes. The whole scene at the diner with the shooting was fantastic, not sure what the hell was going on with the creepy kids. Shooter kid was bad enough, but the vomitting kid in the car was pure . Ashbrook was great, hopefully we'll see more of him in the final episodes.
Another fantastic scene was the scene at the abandoned lot (or whatever it was) with Cole, Albert etc. In fact, I can't think of any scene that let the episode down.

Old 25-07-2017, 15:37   #23
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Yes, this episode could go up against any in this season so far, it was excellent. Great pace and tension for the first two-thirds in particular. And again, it can go from downright creepy (the fat cunt heading towards the car, the scene with the kid in the car) to rather heartwarming (the scene with the old cunt at the end, who was very good I thought). But then, Twin Peaks has always managed to do that.

Ashbrook was indeed excellent (great acting when he saw Shelley with that other cunt). Him and Hawk have been the heart of this new series in many ways. I felt my hairs standing on end when Hawk told Truman that he didn't want to know what that symbol on the map stood for. Excellent scene in an episode full of them.

Random notes:

- Really laughed when Harry Dean Stanton blew his whistle. The man is amazing for his age.

- I'm convinced Lynch if fucking the red-haired agent (in real-life), possibly in the show also. We could have intercutting sex scenes between those two and Albert and that cunt from Frasier, possibly while Diane watches, flicking her bean.

- What the fuck is going on with Candy? Too many three-ways with the brothers?

- Shame Norma has had so much done to her face, she can barely act with facial expressions now.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:27   #24
Ali
It is happening again

Weak episode. Seems to be a theme - after a great episode, the next one is a let down. Hopefully they'll be more consistent in the lead up to the finale, and hopefully a few answers on the many mysteries brought up this season. I'm not expecting everything to be explained.... but come on Dave, at least give us something.

Old 02-08-2017, 17:30   #25
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

The first half was perfectly fine I thought, but the interminable Audrey scene brought it to a grinding halt, and then we had to endure another shit ending at the roadhouse with non-entities. Lynch could do with putting some of the better scenes near the end for better effect, but the editing is all over the place as we know. And yes, with only six episodes left you expect a little more at this point, especially after last week's effort.

The Sarah Palmer/Hawk scene was a particular standout. I've always thought there to be something unsettling about her. Now she's matured into the crazy old woman who no sensible kid in the town would go anywhere near (and probably sensible adult for that matter). Fuck knows what she's up to in that house.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:59   #26
Ali
It is happening again

An improvement over the last episode, but still not reaching the heights we know it can. Dougie scenes were great, as was the evil Cooper arm wrestle. I almost jumped out of my seat when he landed that punch.

And using James for the Roadhouse performance was

Old 08-08-2017, 16:42   #27
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

A great episode, but how could it not be when we FINALLY witnessed the triumphant return of Big Ed? How wonderful to see him again at last, being all warm and fatherly with Bobby in the diner (scenes involving heartbroken and pensive Ed were more troubling of course). 15 years in the wilderness for Everett McGill and he still looks and sounds great. I hope on the Blu they include a featuerette of how they tracked him down. Hopefully we see a lot more of him in the final few episodes.

Indeed, the final third of the episode was very nostalgic, between that diner sequence, the lovely scene between Dr Jacoby and Nadine, and Sarah Palmer being drunk and weird again (and leaving me on edge, since I was convinced something scary was going to happen in that scene). And to cap it all off, James performing 'Just You and I' at the roadhouse. I couldn't believe it. I've joked with my brother a few times about how funny it would be if they did this, never thinking that crazy old bastard Lynch actually would. A true hero. He just doesn't give a fuck, does his own shit every week, and I love him for it.

Elsewhere, the tremendous lengthy sequence with Mr C was an obvious highlight, and I very much enjoyed the Dougie stuff, particularly Sizemore and Dougie walking into the glass door (the old ones are always the best). Moreover, the vastly underrated John Savage turned up at last, looking suitably gruff - again, I hope we haven't seen the last of him. At least he has a reasonably decent gig, unlike the main baddie from London Has Fallen, playing the lead delivery man at Dougie's house. Back to jobber status for him.

I can't say I noticed this at the time, but this is plain odd. Definitely intentional. Obviously some strange shit always goes on in Twin Peaks, but I get the impression the newest shit is particularly odd:

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/c...f_the_episode/

I'm also convinced Audrey is either in an institution or maybe in a coma dreaming all this shit. For one thing, that vile bald cunt could only be conjured in nightmares.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:04   #28
Ali
It is happening again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
A great episode, but how could it not be when we FINALLY witnessed the triumphant return of Big Ed? How wonderful to see him again at last, being all warm and fatherly with Bobby in the diner (scenes involving heartbroken and pensive Ed were more troubling of course). 15 years in the wilderness for Everett McGill and he still looks and sounds great. I hope on the Blu they include a featuerette of how they tracked him down. Hopefully we see a lot more of him in the final few episodes.
It was nice of Norma to mention his name, just in case anyone watching forgot or didn't recognise him.

Quote:
I can't say I noticed this at the time, but this is plain odd. Definitely intentional. Obviously some strange shit always goes on in Twin Peaks, but I get the impression the newest shit is particularly odd:

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/c...f_the_episode/
There is indeed a lot of odd stuff going on in the town - the rashes, kids acting strangely, the hand shaking (also present in the original series if I recall). I wonder if it's all building up to something, or if it's just a big cock-tease by Lynch.

Last edited by Ali; 09-08-2017 at 12:38.. Reason: Quoted Barn in a "disabled fashion"
Old 09-08-2017, 12:11   #29
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

This is the second time you've quoted me in a disabled fashion. Sort it out.

And who could forget Big Ed?
Old 15-08-2017, 09:39   #30
Ali
It is happening again

Crazy episode... I don't even know where to start, so I'll let Barn post his thoughts and then quote him in a disabled fashion as per usual.