PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 15-08-2017, 18:40   #31
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

So much to love (and fear) in this episode, so rather than way lyrical, I'll just discuss the one major scene that didn't work for me - glove scene. For several reasons:

1) Something about it was very off. It didn't feel Twin Peaks-y to me. The story was laughable.
2) We now know this cunt who has just turned up is going to do something important with his stupid glove.
3) Why did he have to be a Cockney cunt? The closer to home shit always tends to pull me out of these American things, they always tend to do it rather badly.

That aside, another tremendous episode. But again, you can't help but wish Bowie had lived to be in it. I love how reverent Lynch is towards BOB, Major Briggs and Jeffreys - though the actors are dead, they still carry a massive presence on the show.

A final thing - when I saw James going through the boiler room (a very atmostpheric scene), I remembered BOB and MIKE in the boiler room in the first season. Alright that was in the hospital rather than the Great Northern, but still, ominous...
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog

BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 09:14   #32
Ali
It is happening again
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I think the Cockney accent added to the charm/amusement of that scene. The actor is actually British, and a quick goolge search tells me he's only previous claim to fame is a youtuber doing different British accents.

Sarah scene was fantastic. We all knew something was off about her, but I don't think anyone expected that!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 10:28   #33
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Well I could have told you he was British, that's not the point
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
Old 22-08-2017, 18:52   #34
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Another excellent episode, and while there were a few small iffy bits (Audrey, the bit in the forest, the gloved cunt), there were 3 key segments which elevated this to greatness and encapsulated why we love Twin Peaks.

Firstly, the opening segment. Absolutely wonderful stuff while brought a huge smile to my face. If I don't see Big Ed again this season I'll be happy, this was terrific. Sterling work from Everett McGill once again, I love the bloke. Nadine was great too, the two have always had great on-screen chemistry, whether it be this or People Under the Stairs.

Next, the Mr C shit (the first 25 minutes in general were pretty much flawless). I don't think I need to talk about this too much, you know it was great. As usual, Lynch provides some very memorable and eerie visuals, including a glimpse of The Jumping Man (hopefully we'll see more). This place stinks of evil (and probably shit). And I'm very interested to see where the Mr C-Richard Horne (father-son?) dynamic is going.

But of course, I have to reserve special praise for the hugely affecting Log Lady send-off. This was a simply beautiful, incredibly poignant tribute. Catherine Coulson was a remarkably brave lady. I had tears running down my face through her conversation with Hawk and then again when he broke the news to the station. How could any fan of Twin Peaks - indeed, human being - not be moved by this?

Indeed, my only complaint is that this should have been the end of the episode, with the light slowly diminishing before going out completely by the end of the credits. That said, I loved those bikers picking up that cunt and just dumping her on the floor. I suppose I appreciated some light-heartedness after all that.

Christ I can't believe this only had 3 episodes left. Don't end it Lynch. Give us another season please.
Old 23-08-2017, 10:21   #35
Ali
It is happening again

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I have now seen a teapot doing a David Bowie impression, my life is now complete. What a strange and wonderful sequence. I'd love to know Lynch's thought process when he comes up with this stuff.

As you say, there was a lot to love in this episode, but with the usual "iffy" bits that you mentioned. At least the gloved cunt bit did lead us to the jail cell with the creepy bloke and Lady No-eyes.

Real Coop has to come back next episode..... right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 23-08-2017, 10:28   #36
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

It would be kind of funny if Dougie/Real Coop was just flat out dead. Of course, when I say 'kind of funny', I mean unspeakably horrible.
Old 23-08-2017, 10:52   #37
Ali
It is happening again

Who the hell was the screaming girl at the end btw? From her appearance (glasses, haircut), I presumed a relative of Log Lady.

Old 29-08-2017, 18:58   #38
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Somehow this series just gets better and better. Another phenomenal episode, and I can't believe it'll all be over this time next week.

Cooper - how we've missed you. Seeing such a wonderful human being on screen is sadly all too rare, especially in this day and age. When the music kicked in, the emotions were very powerful. Ditto when he was saying goodbye to 'his' wife and kid at the end. I don't know how this is going to turn out, but you get the sense somehow he - or a form of he - will return to them, just as he promised. That said, Lynch is the sort of sick cunt who'd ensure Mr C makes it back to them.

I love the idea of the Mitchum Brothers going with him to Twin Peaks. They've been two great additions to the show, I hope they make it through intact.

As for Diane, I was terrified she was going to kill Cole and Albert. Her being a doppelganger was a turn up for the books. I know some have speculated that that 'Naido' (only one letter from a Diane anagram) in the police station could be her other form.

The only thing that would have made this episode better would have been fat bollocks dancing along with Audrey at the end, I'd have died a happy man. Where the fuck is she btw? I always suspected it was some kind of fake reality, but that looked like no where we've seen before.
Old 31-08-2017, 12:29   #39
Ali
It is happening again

It really was a great episode. The "I am the FBI" line was a real fist-pumping moment, all it was missing was the patented thumbs-up.

Regarding Coop returning to his "family", I've read a comment online suggesting that's what he was asking the one-armed man for - another Coop being created? Seems to make sense.

I'm glad we finally heard the jazz piece in the Audrey scene. So it looks like she isn't in a coma? Who the fuck knows..

I'll contradict my earlier comments btw - give MacLachlan all the awards.

Old 02-09-2017, 22:50   #40
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I've caught up! - that's my doppelganger.

I've been reading your posts as I've been watching and have largely agreed with everything that's been said while Barn has had me laughing in certain places.

Firstly, what magnificent acting from MacLachlan as both Mr C and Dougie. It was also so lovely to experience that moment when he becomes Agent Dale Cooper again and how smoothly he adjusts his acting to fit. Ali, if he'd done the thumbs up after saying "I am the FBI" I'd have pissed myself laughing while crying at the same time.

I agree with Barn that the Mitchum brothers have been a great addition. I really wasn't so sure at first but they've really come into their own.

I was also terrified that she'd kill Cole or Albert (couldn't care less if she killed Lynch's tart) but I'm glad Diane died as she did. Interesting that she was able to warn them to some degree that she wasn't herself.

Now on to Chrysta Bell's acting. Barn, you mentioned when I was many episodes behind that she couldn't act and although she was bad then, she was a million times better than what's followed. Terribly wooden and she speaks and moves in such a way that she's either been instructed by Lynch to lay on the sultry behaviour a lot or that's just who she is - it feels a bit odd and misplaced here though.

Interesting note Ali that Agent Cooper could indeed have been asking the one-armed man for another version of him to be Dougie for the family.

We haven't seen the White Lodge have we? Could Audrey be there?

Back to the cockney glove guy - awful hearing the accent and I agree with Barn that they ruin things by playing the Britain card in American series.

Some of the songs have been alright but some have not. I thought the Nine Inch Nails song worked and Lynch has obviously included dream pop because he's a fan of the genre and wanted acts he is fond of to appear - plus his own songs on other occasions. Will we get Chrysta Bell giving a performance considering they've had two releases together? I sure as shit hope not.

Going back a long, long way to the start of the thread - I agree that the lack of music in scenes led to a heightened sense of suspense and the foreboding feeling that something bad could happen at any point. This was largely signposted in the first two series.

We've clearly felt the loss of Bowie (Agent Jeffries) and Davis (Major Briggs) and it would have been nice to see what Lynch would have come up with had one or both been alive.

As things stand, there is a hell of a lot to get sorted out in just two episodes and it is such a shame that Lynch has no intention of doing a fourth season. He's blown away my expectations with this; I was excited when the third season was first announced and then concerned that it wouldn't feel right or that it would just be shit but the way he's pulled everything together - including Fire Walk With Me - and made this third season both incredibly weird even by today's standards but yet superbly written (aside from the occasional mis-step) has left me wanting more and more. Even when we had nothing but questions being thrown at us, I've never felt as though it is losing direction or that things are just too weird and unexplained.

A note on episode 8 too - I wasn't expecting anything like that. Very, very weird but so incredibly engrossing and enthralling.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:49   #41
Ali
It is happening again

Is the White Lodge not where the Fireman (aka Giant) is? Or is that somewhere else entirely?

Old 03-09-2017, 11:07   #42
Sweey
*RETIRED*

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Is the White Lodge not where the Fireman (aka Giant) is? Or is that somewhere else entirely?
Actually yeah, I think that is where he is and she wasn't in black and white - rather a bright white room. We assume she's not already dead/in purgatory from the explosion in season 2 but it could just be that.
Old 03-09-2017, 15:58   #43
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Took you long enough Sweey...

I'm scared. I really don't want this to disappoint, it's been fantastic up to this point, and deserves to end well. It just feels like there's still a lot to address to wrap it up in a satisfactory manner. If you want to leave threads open and do another season Lynch, please do so. No one wants to see this rushed.

I have three specific fears at this point:

1) Someone (or some people) we like dies. I couldn't take it if Hawk, Bobby, Big Ed, etc died. Lynch isn't one to kill off his characters at will so I'd be surprised. I'm expecting some kind of sacrifice involving Coop in all honesty, which of course will be sad but at least I'm braced for it.

2) Obviously something will have to happen involving Freddy and his gloved fist. I'm concerned it will be cringeworthy and shit. I just hope it's something small and happens quickly. Maybe he protects Naido in the prison cell from a couple of Woodsmen or some shit like that. I don't want him involved in a big set piece involving the major characters.

3) The return of Wally Brando. Unless it's very brief and he dies horribly, please don't bring this garbage creation back Lynch. His scene marked the only genuinely awful moment of the season (so far).

Another concern is that the season ends with a Roadhouse performance. I really don't want this, unless it segues into a montage of some sort showing the fates of various characters (seems rather un-Lynchian, but we'll see). He can have a performance during the first hour, that seems a fair compromise.
Old 04-09-2017, 22:43   #44
Sweey
*RETIRED*

What the fuck?! Like seriously, what?! Awesome episodes but I'm lost

Freddy and the gloved fist was cringeworthy to me. Aside from Dougie's family there wasn't any closure to be had anywhere. Nothing at all explained about Audrey, nothing really explained about anyone or anything.

Quote:
Cooper lost track of Laura in the woods, and we watched as Sarah stabbed a photo of her daughter, over and over. Maybe Laura didn’t die at the hands of her father (and/or BOB), but she could have died some other way. You can’t change the past, because it dictates the future. Maybe Laura needs to die. But maybe she’s also reborn in Texas, as a waitress at a cafe (named Judy’s!). Or maybe this is who she was before she was Laura. Is it future, or is it past?
I do feel it clearly has something to do with changing the past and changing the future but I'm fucked if I know what went on.

Classic Lynch.

EDIT: So surely they're in a different dimension or timeline - he changed the past, came out into this new world where everything had changed and he wasn't Dale Cooper anymore, he was Richard someoneorother. Perhaps he wasn't even an FBI agent but he simply carried the badge through with him. I've read an idea that Judy corrupted Cooper's attempts to save Laura, thus in each one as he tried to save her she would ultimately scream in terror and disappear, dying in said timeline. I noticed the infinity sign made by Agent Jeffries the last time we saw "him" - does that mean Cooper would continue to try and save Laura forever, always failing because of Judy?

No closure but magnificent nonetheless.
Old 05-09-2017, 00:51   #45
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Yes, that unfortunate scene aside (sad that my fear should be realized), it was excellent. Further thoughts tomorrow - if I can sleep that is (fuck you screaming Sheryl Lee).