PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 04-04-2015, 12:19   #571
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Yeah great stuff, and as said, best he could do with what he had to work with. Fucking Jackson, WB and Tauriel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:20   #572
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Tell you what - play 'In the Shadow of the Mountain', from 3:01 of 'Girion, Lord of Dale' (Extended), or from 5:49 of 'The Hunters' (Extended) (all from the Desolation of Smaug SE soundtrack) from the moment Azog drags out Fili for real impact It makes it infinitely better. I think I lean towards the first two for biggest effect.

Also, try from 5:20 of 'Out of the Frying-Pan' from AUJ once Azog drops Fili.

I have to say though - Azog looks fucking phenomenal here, and the moment he charges at Thorin and that reprise of 'An Ancient Enemy' kicks in is one of the film's best.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2015, 10:01   #573
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

A fine choice, much better than the barrel abomination. Hopefully the facial detail and paint apps will be solid on the actual product.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
Old 20-08-2015, 10:40   #574
Jonno394
XLV

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

looks really shit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 20-08-2015, 10:56   #575
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Better quality pic. Looks a lot better:

Old 26-08-2015, 01:05   #576
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Lots of interesting new battle stuff glimpsed here but more horrible Legolas on bat bullshit which is very disheartening. We really don't need that shit. Why not have an eagle do it? Hopefully it's mercifully short.
Old 26-11-2015, 19:42   #577
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

It might only be 20 minutes, but I'm pleased to say the extended edition adds some great stuff - more Dol Guldur, a nice scene with Bilbo and Bofur, the poignant funeral, a touch more Beorn (nowhere near enough), a much longer (and better) introduction with Dain, and a whole load of battle footage which adds spectacle and makes the initial stages of the battle in particular much more coherent. The Elves vs Dwarves sequence works far better than I thought, since it gives us a chance to see more of the Dwarves' fighting capabilities, and doesn't really last that long. We now finally see Azog's war beasts (a collection of trolls and ogres, which look much better than those seen in the theatrical cut), which he orders to destroy the Dwarven war chariots in creative fashion. There's more of Dain and Thranduil fighting. When the company emerges from Erebor, we see lots more of them fighting together, including Bofur hijacking one of those disabled trolls and running riot with it. There's also a nice moment involving Bifur and his axe, where both he and Bombur finally get a line. The chariot scene is simply superb, both in terms of conception and execution (some astonishing CGI here), and makes the ride to the Ravenhill much, much better. I can only imagine they couldn't get this done in time, as it works brilliantly (yet it's also surprisingly bloody, so that might have been a concern).

The film justs feels a lot more satisfying on the whole; indeed, I can't help but feel that this should have been the theatrical cut, with the extended edition adding another 20-25 minutes on top of this. We're still missing the windlance being destroyed, scenes with Thorin mourning the apparent death of Kili and Fili at Laketown, the counting room scene, more Dol Guldur, Beorn's entire arc and more of him at the end, the acorn planting scene, Gandalf telling Thorin about Thrain, even more fighting (particularly at the end of the battle) and more post-battle footage, including longer farewells, resolution for Thranduil, Bard's coronation, and more of the return journey (including stops at the Trollshaws, Beorn's house and Rivendell). Who knows what else they filmed. I truly hope they're holding this stuff back for a future edition, as it would only improve the film further. Obviously, I just fast-forward through the Tauriel stuff. You know, while Alfrid and Legolas aren't really welcome, at least their involvement doesn't really involve butchery of pivotal moments, whereas hers does (the death of Kili and by extension Fili). If this film didn't have her, reduced Legolas' and Alfrid's roles, gave Kili and Fili proper deaths and gave Beorn a fitting appearance, there would be very little at all wrong with it. Unfortunately, the latter two problems cannot be easily fixed, but there's still a tremendous amount of good here, and heart by the bucketload.

And the extras are incredible as usual. I've only checked at some but the scale of the production and the efforts of those involved continues to amaze me. Pretty moving in places it has to be said, particularly those parts involving farewells (Martin Freeman comes across very well here, I was surprised to see him so moved), and in 'Farewell Friends' when they show some emotional footage of Christopher Lee with music I find particularly emotional playing over it (from 'On the Doorstep' on the DoS soundtrack - cunts must have known).

I'll avoid sounding like a broken record and going on about the films. Suffice to say, I'm very fond of them for their faults (and really, you're talking about 30 minutes of footage tops out of 8.5 hours) and will enjoy them for years to come. Hopefully further extended versions appear further down the road.
Old 26-11-2015, 23:13   #578
Jonno394
XLV

Sounds good overall. Hows the statue or did you not go for that one?

Old 27-11-2015, 01:59   #579
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

I didn't because it was delayed, and I couldn't be arsed to wait. I'd like to pick it up eventually.

Watching the special feature on the battle itself - they show a pre-viz of Beorn running wild and it culminating in him tearing our a troll's throat. It must run for about 60-90 seconds and it's glorious. If they did something like that for the final film I'd have been pretty content. Christ knows what happened, as they don't explain anything. Beorn would need to be bigger or the troll smaller however.