PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 17-09-2008, 16:09   #1
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Upcoming Movies

Thought we could have a thread about movies that are currently in production and scheduled for release in the near future that you're looking forward to. Might make people aware of films they didn't know were in the pipeline. There's not many in my case, but a few stand out:

Public Enemies

Release Date: July 2009

Plot: The Feds try to take down notorious American gangsters John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson and Pretty Boy Floyd during a booming crime wave in the 1930s.

Director: Michael Mann

Cast: Christian Bale, Johnny Depp, David Wenham, Stephen Lang, Giovanni Ribisi, Stephen Dorff, Stephen Graham, Billy Crudup, Jason Clarke

Why it will be good: Its Michael Mann. Its a period crime piece about infamous gangsters. And look at the cast. Should surely be the film of 2009.

Trailer: Not Yet Released

Outlander

Release Date: Late 2008

Plot: During the reign of the Vikings, Kainan (Caviezel), a man from a far-off world, crash lands on Earth, bringing with him an alien predator known as the Moorwen. Though both man and monster are seeking revenge for violence committed against them, Kainan leads the alliance to kill the Moorwen by fusing his advanced technology with the Viking's Iron Age weaponry.

Director: Howard McCain

Cast: Jim Caviezel, John Hurt, Ron Perlman

Why it will be good: Excellent premise and a decent cast, plus the trailer looks good. Early reviews are also quite positive. Won't be earth-shattering but should at least be entertaining. Can't be as wank as Pathfinder any road.

Trailer:

Mesrine: L'instinct de mort / L'ennemi public n° 1

Release Date: November 2008

Plot: 2-Part epic chronicling the life of notorious French gangster Jacques Mesrine.

Director: Jean-François Richet

Cast: Vincent Cassell, Mathieu Amalric, Gérard Depardieu

Why it will be good: French cinema has rolled out some classics in recent years and if this is anything like one of its best, Dobermann, it should be a crime classic. Cassell is always great and it looks like some of the best talent in French cinema is in this.

Trailer:

The Road

Release Date: November 2008

Plot: A post-apocalyptic tale of a man and his son trying to survive by any means possible.

Director: John Hillcoat

Cast: Viggo Mortensen, Robert Duvall, Guy Pearce, Garret Dillahunt, Michael K. Williams

Why it will be good: Strong cast, good plot and has a good feel from what I've seen so far. Plus its got Omar from 'The Wire' looking like a sick cunt!

Trailer: Not Yet Released

Låt den rätte komma in ('Let the Right One In')

Release Date: October 2008

Plot: Oskar, a bullied 12-year old, dreams of revenge. He falls in love with Eli, a peculiar girl. She can't stand the sun or food and to come into a room she needs to be invited. Eli gives Oskar the strength to hit back but when he realizes that Eli needs to drink other peoples blood to live he's faced with a choice. How much can love forgive? Let The Right One In is a story both violent and highly romantic, set in the Stockholm suburb of Blackeberg in 1982.

Director: Tomas Alfredson

Cast: No One Important

Why it will be good: Despite the plot not sounding the most exciting, apparently its one of the best Vampire films ever, dark and atmospheric.

Trailer:

"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog

BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 16:56   #2
50!
115 and Counting...

50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out50! is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

I'm liking the look of this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0887883/
Sir Davie of Weir has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1986 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoloy card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and an Ally McCoist panini sticker.
50! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 17:13   #3
Barry
  • Supports: Ajax, Boston Celtics
  • XBox: The Clogfather

Barry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Very nice, I usually find out about this kind of thing when they are already showing them at the theaters. 50!'s suggestion (the Coen Brothers, has to be good right?) and Public Enemies look good in particular (Depp, Wenham, Ribisi, Bale!).
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 17:34   #4
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

First post updated. Someone should sticky this thread, frankly its magnificent work on my account.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
Old 17-09-2008, 18:50   #5
uA - 1905

uA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outuA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outuA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outuA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outuA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outuA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outuA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outuA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outuA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outuA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outuA - 1905 is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

You might want to add Shutter Island, The Watchmen and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button to there as well. Also looking forward to Gervais' film Ghost Town.
uA - 1905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 19:10   #6
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

The Watchmen - Not my cup of tea
Ghost Town - Looks wad
Shutter Island - Will probably be good but not out for another year, I consider that too long away to make the list. I didn't put films like Emerald City and The Hobbit films for this reason.
Benjamin Button - Again I'm not sure about this, might be a bit too sentimental for me.
Old 17-09-2008, 19:27   #7
Miggy
Mr Lover Man
  • Supports: F.C.Barcelona
  • PSN: latinomig4

Miggy is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Miggy is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Miggy is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Miggy is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Miggy is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Miggy is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Miggy is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Miggy is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Miggy is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Miggy is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Miggy is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Dragon Ball Z movie!
It has epic fail written all over it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BARÇA - La Liga's only treble winners
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Miggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 11:54   #8
Top Gun
  • XBox: Zodiac19

Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034303/

Looks excellent, trailer was very impressive.

Appaloosa looks like it will be immense.

Top Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 18:15   #9
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

That Defiance does look decent. I've added a couple more.
Old 19-09-2008, 10:45   #10
Gun_Runner
100Gunz-100Clipz

Gun_Runner has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Gun_Runner has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

I watched a film called Taken the other week and thought it was brilliant, it's out in the UK cinema's September 26th I think, worth a watch!

also I'm looking forward to Righteous Kill starring De Niro & Al Pacino , I think 50 Cent makes an appearance as well.
Gun_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 11:43   #11
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun_Runner View Post
also I'm looking forward to Righteous Kill starring De Niro & Al Pacino , I think 50 Cent makes an appearance as well.
Well, all the more reason not to see it then.
Old 19-09-2008, 12:54   #12
Gun_Runner
100Gunz-100Clipz

Gun_Runner has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Gun_Runner has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

I don't disagree with you, but anything with De Niro & Al Pacino in it has quality written all over it
Gun_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 13:12   #13
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Yeah but I hear its shit anyway. Plus I'm not all that convinced that Rob and Al still have it. Neither have made a decent film since 1997 - Donnie Brasco for Al, Cop Land for De Niro. And lets face it, nothing can top Heat. Except maybe some gangster epic by Scorcese with De Niro, Pacino, Pesci and Walken in (I can only dream).

And to be honest, I've always felt De Niro to be the better actor. Al is brilliant when he underplays the role (Godfather Trilogy, Donnie Brasco, Carlito's Way) but from the 80s he usually tended to shout a lot, and frankly became riddled with cancer.
Old 19-09-2008, 19:32   #14
wrigh2uk
  • Location: The Place Where The Bronze Bull Guards The Shoppin Centre

wrigh2uk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Metal Gear Solid

Release Date: TBA
Studio: Columbia Pictures (Sony)
Director: Not Available
Screenwriter: Not Available
Starring: Not Available
Genre: Action, Adventure
MPAA Rating: Not Available
Official Website: Not Available
Review: Not Available
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available
Movie Poster: Not Available
Production Stills: Not Available
Plot Summary: Based on Konami's "Metal Gear Solid" video game series centering on Solid Snake, a retired soldier who infiltrates a nuclear weapons disposal facility to neutralize the terrorist threat from Foxhound, a renegade special forces unit. He attempts to liberate their two hostages, the head of DARPA and the president of a major arms manufacturer, and stops the terrorists from launching a nuclear strike
Extremely early days on this film, but I have huge expectations.
Old 20-09-2008, 12:22   #15
Barry
  • Supports: Ajax, Boston Celtics
  • XBox: The Clogfather

Barry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outBarry is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

There's enough cut-scenes in the games to make at least 3 full-length films. I'm not really convinced (the story is really cliche for a film) but maybe a good lead actor could change that.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote