150-180 mins 2 5.56%
Over 180 mins 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 14-03-2009, 00:10   #31
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno394 View Post
I have yet to own a bluray as i currently do not own a player or a PS3. I really cannot see myself diving into bluray for the forseable future because I can honestly see the DVD market coexisting with the BDVD market for quite some time to come.

When the day arrives that a film is only released on bluray, then I will take the plunge, but again, I cannot see myself rebuying my collection barring special films, such as Lord of the Rings.

What people do not seem to realise is that what they are buying is merely a film recorded with a standard video camera. When HD cameras become the norm on movie sets, then the real quality of bluray will shine through.
I agree on DVD lasting for some time - there's only about 15 more films I want on blu-ray out of those currently released. Most of my purchases are standard DVD and will remain so for some time.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog

BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2009, 20:48   #32
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I've updated the first post with some useful site links - if anyone can recommend any other retailers or helpful sites, let me know. I haven't listed them all, just sites I've used and would recommend (I wouldn't recommend dvdconcept because its fairly slow and expensive, hence I haven't listed it)
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
Old 15-03-2009, 20:50   #33
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Why isn't this stickied yet? God damn lazy ass mods ;p

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 17:28   #34
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

TheDigitalBits reports the the Lord of the Rings Trilogy should be released on Blu-ray this December. The bad news is that they'll be the theatrical editions, with barely any extras by the looks of things. Apparently Peter Jackson wants to personally oversee the extended edition release - presumably to add new extras like deleted scenes and bloopers, provide the best transfer, and very possibly make slight changes (Gollum in FOTR, clean up the Wargs, etc) - to coincide with The Hobbit films in 2011 and 2012. I find it very difficult to watch the theatrical versions but I'll probably end up getting them, being a faggot and all.
Old 18-03-2009, 17:39   #35
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I think it probably has more to do with New Line and PJ wanting as much mone out of the franchise as possible. The bastards.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 17:42   #36
Phatmann
HGW XX/7
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • XBox: Phatmann Scoop
  • PSN: Phatmann2008

Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

You'd be silly buying them on normal DVD let alone on blu-ray. What a waste of money that could be spent on so many more deserving DVDs.

Phatmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 17:51   #37
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

I'm ignoring that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno394 View Post
I think it probably has more to do with New Line and PJ wanting as much mone out of the franchise as possible. The bastards.
I definitely think Warner Bros. wanted to get them out ASAP, whereas Jackson probably wanted to wait until he had the time to do these Blu-rays properly (and releasing them around the same time as The Hobbit surely makes sense). But as you said I'm sure PJ didn't object at the thought of the revenue coming in.

I was ordering from Amazon.de and had to slip this in:

Old 19-03-2009, 22:58   #38
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

I've finished putting my collection onto MovieCollector now but I've no idea how I can put it online. You can export to HTML but I'll be fucked if I'm paying a fee to host it. Anyone know anywhere I can host it for free? Shit films aplenty.
Old 20-03-2009, 00:06   #39
Phatmann
HGW XX/7
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • XBox: Phatmann Scoop
  • PSN: Phatmann2008

Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Found this on a movie forum:

Quote:
Hewlett-Packard has signed a deal with Sony Pictures to turn out DVDs from the studio's library whenever customers request them, the Los Angeles Times reported today (Thursday). The deal will allow consumers to order movies that ordinarily would not be stocked by dealers because they are too obscure or too old. HP indicated that it expects to sign similar deals with other studios. "We're hoping this provides another option to make available products that wouldn't necessarily garner widespread retail shelf space," Jason Spivak, head of strategic development at Sony Home Entertainment, told the Times.Added Doug Warner, head of HP's digital content business, "If studios can sell more catalog than previously, they can generate more money."
PALO ALTO, Calif.--HP (NYSE:HPQ) and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) today announced that SPHE will license select catalog titles from its vast home video library for production and distribution via HPs DVD manufactured-on-demand service.

This agreement makes Sony the first major Hollywood studio to present its home video titles using HPs service.

HPs manufactured-on-demand service provides us with a viable means of delivering a broader range of niche and library product to consumers, said David Bishop, president, SPHE. We know there is strong consumer demand for these titles, and by working with HP we can monetize our deep product library and help give retailers the means to bring a wider offering of Sony Pictures product to consumers without a significant investment in inventory.

The list and availability of SPHE titles to be licensed through this agreement has yet to be finalized.

HP DVD Manufactured-on-Demand Service

HPs manufactured-on-demand service is used to produce a DVD of any movie, TV show or other video content, regardless of niche or obscurity. Content currently being targeted for release includes:

* Classic and older TV shows never before released on DVD
* Foreign movies
* Productions for specialty genres such as religion, education, lifestyle, health, food and sports
* Specialty cable TV programming
* Independent movies
* Recently broadcast TV shows and sporting events with high relevancy in specific geographic markets or within specific consumer segments.

It happened a month or two ago apparently so maybe everyone already knows about it but it's news to me.

Phatmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 00:14   #40
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

This would be great depending on two things:

1) The DVDs would have to have artwork and a proper case.

2) Could they guarantee the quality would be good? Many shows/films have to be remastered for a good DVD release so I'd worry about older things, particularly 70s made-for-TV films.
Old 20-03-2009, 00:16   #41
Dragonfly
Waiting....
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • PSN: Zuboronovic

Dragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Do you know if this on demand DVD manufacturing is limited to a particular region, or will they all be 0 region?

Violence. It's all the rage. | "Hatred is wasted energy."
"Let it always be known, that I was who I am."
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 19:55   #42
greenegg
I drink your Milkshake
  • Supports: Argyle, Plymouth
  • XBox: King Egg
  • PSN: PAFCegg

greenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprenticegreenegg is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Just purchased Rocknrolla for a tenner on Blu Ray, not something I'd usually bother with Blu Ray wise but my mate was skint and selling them off.

Also got Wall-E for a tenner too.

" border="0" />

Even Richard Dawkins thinks Ian Brown is God
greenegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 23:04   #43
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

I accidentally bought these:

Old 20-03-2009, 23:09   #44
Dragonfly
Waiting....
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • PSN: Zuboronovic

Dragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Did you think of getting Box Of The Dead, Barndoor? It consists of the 5 'Of The Dead' Romero films. It's a "HMV exclusive", but you can find it from traders.

Violence. It's all the rage. | "Hatred is wasted energy."
"Let it always be known, that I was who I am."
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 23:21   #45
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

I'm trying to get the best versions I can - that Dawn of the Dead Limited Edition for example contains 4 discs, with 3 different versions of the film.