PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2011, 21:11   #16
Sminky
Registered User
Sminky's Avatar
  • Join Date: Jun 2010
  • Location: Hampshire
  • Supports: Queens Park Rangers
  • PSN: Sminky_Pinky
  • Posts: 12,498

Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Sminky is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Clyde View Post
You only have a day to wait between the original air date and the UK air date.

I can understand not wanting to wait 6 months for a series but 1 day is a little inpatient.
I don't have SKY mate
__________________


Sminky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 21:49   #17
Eric Clyde
Registered User
Eric Clyde's Avatar
  • Join Date: Sep 2004
  • Location: Glasgow
  • Supports: Rangers
  • XBox: ClydeFrog50
  • PSN: ClydeFrog50
  • Posts: 4,786

Eric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Ah well. Do whatever it takes to see it.
__________________
Quote:
Jeff: Wait a minute! Butt sex!
Chef: Butt sex?
Jeff: Butt sex requires a lot of lubrication, right? Lubrication. Lubruh... Chupuh... Chupacabra 's the, the goat killer of Mexican folklore. Folklore is stories from the past that are often fictionalized. Fictionalized to heighten drama. Drama students! Students at colleges usually have bicycles! Bi, bian, binary. It's binary code!
Chef: Who's havin' butt sex?
Eric Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 04:28   #18
StringerBell
Registered User
StringerBell's Avatar
  • Join Date: Oct 2008
  • Location: New York
  • Supports: Reds & Phoceens
  • PSN: Stringer_-_Bell
  • Posts: 3,429

StringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

The first episode was awesome! When does it premier in England?
__________________
Follow me on twitter!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 08:37   #19
Ali
It is happening again
Ali's Avatar
  • Join Date: Dec 2009
  • Location: Bolton
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26
  • Posts: 11,798

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
The first episode was awesome! When does it premier in England?
I think it's tonight, actually. But it's on Sky
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 21:18   #20
Jonno394
XLV
Jonno394's Avatar
  • Join Date: Sep 2005
  • Location: Birmingham
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394
  • Posts: 10,660

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Game of Thrones S01E01 - Winter is Coming

The wait was definitely worth it. Overall I though this was a very good adaption of the book (so far). The casting choices seem good, with Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister, Ian Glenn as Ser Jornah Mormont, of course Sean Bean and especially Harry Lloyd as Viserys Targaryen (the silver headed brother in case his name wasn't mentioned in the episode) being the stand outs in this episode, but the whole ensemble performs admirably, even the youngsters. Everything just resembles what i'd imagined it to be while reading the books.

I am glad the blood and violence is there. I thought they might go down the "tasteful" route and have cut/pan aways, but that would be a complete disservice to the books if they did. The amount of gratuitous nudity, though a true reflection of the source material, was a bit OTT but hey, this is HBO.

My only complaint so far is the pacing. I expected the cliffhanger scene in this episode to actually be the cliffhanger for the end of the second episode. It all just seemed a bit rushed so far, like they wanted to get the characters on their way to Kings Landing as soon as possible, which to people who know nothing of the books may make things a bit overwhelming with the wealth of characters and locations thrown at them all in the space of one hour. I do like the opening credits though which goes someway to keeping people in the loop with the geographical locations that will be touched upon in each episode (it apparently will change week in week out).

All in all, a faithful adaption and one I cannot wait to download again next week!
Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 23:55   #21
Joel
Joined For Fun
Joel's Avatar
  • Join Date: Apr 2004
  • Supports: Chelsea FC
  • PSN: inZane88
  • Posts: 17,268

Joel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Emilia Clarke/Daenerys Targaryen - OMG.

I haven't read the books, so I have no idea what to expect. Thoroughly enjoyed the first episode though. Really looking forward to next week.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 08:20   #22
StringerBell
Registered User
StringerBell's Avatar
  • Join Date: Oct 2008
  • Location: New York
  • Supports: Reds & Phoceens
  • PSN: Stringer_-_Bell
  • Posts: 3,429

StringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeStringerBell is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno394 View Post
Game of Thrones S01E01 - Winter is Coming

The wait was definitely worth it. Overall I though this was a very good adaption of the book (so far). The casting choices seem good, with Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister, Ian Glenn as Ser Jornah Mormont, of course Sean Bean and especially Harry Lloyd as Viserys Targaryen (the silver headed brother in case his name wasn't mentioned in the episode) being the stand outs in this episode, but the whole ensemble performs admirably, even the youngsters. Everything just resembles what i'd imagined it to be while reading the books.

I am glad the blood and violence is there. I thought they might go down the "tasteful" route and have cut/pan aways, but that would be a complete disservice to the books if they did. The amount of gratuitous nudity, though a true reflection of the source material, was a bit OTT but hey, this is HBO.

My only complaint so far is the pacing. I expected the cliffhanger scene in this episode to actually be the cliffhanger for the end of the second episode. It all just seemed a bit rushed so far, like they wanted to get the characters on their way to Kings Landing as soon as possible, which to people who know nothing of the books may make things a bit overwhelming with the wealth of characters and locations thrown at them all in the space of one hour. I do like the opening credits though which goes someway to keeping people in the loop with the geographical locations that will be touched upon in each episode (it apparently will change week in week out).

All in all, a faithful adaption and one I cannot wait to download again next week!
I agree with your points, the pacing though is merely the result of it being the first season and it needs to pull the audience in asap. I will admit I have not read the books, though I know the general gist of the universe barring important spoilers. I cant wait to see more scenes pertaining to the "Northern Wall" whats beyond it, the people who guard it etc. And more Lena Headey please.
__________________
Follow me on twitter!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 08:36   #23
Ali
It is happening again
Ali's Avatar
  • Join Date: Dec 2009
  • Location: Bolton
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26
  • Posts: 11,798

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I thought it was good, but not amazing. Less incest, and more undead scary zombie girls cutting off people's heads in episode two, please

EDIT: Also it was so obvious that:

Spoiler: 
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 12:13   #24
Jonno394
XLV
Jonno394's Avatar
  • Join Date: Sep 2005
  • Location: Birmingham
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394
  • Posts: 10,660

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I'm not gonna spoil anything for you guys, but for those more interested in the weird shit up north of the wall, you're gonna be mostly disappointed this season. A lot is alluded too and there are discussions about what may or may not be occurring beyond the wall, but barring one or two scenes, there isn't much more of the Wights and the possessed dead.

In my opinion, the prologue hooked me while reading, and it has done the same with the TV show.

The second and third books though up the awesomness to an all new level.
Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 12:29   #25
Ali
It is happening again
Ali's Avatar
  • Join Date: Dec 2009
  • Location: Bolton
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26
  • Posts: 11,798

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno394 View Post
I'm not gonna spoil anything for you guys, but for those more interested in the weird shit up north of the wall, you're gonna be mostly disappointed this season. A lot is alluded too and there are discussions about what may or may not be occurring beyond the wall, but barring one or two scenes, there isn't much more of the Wights and the possessed dead.

In my opinion, the prologue hooked me while reading, and it has done the same with the TV show.

The second and third books though up the awesomness to an all new level.
So, is it confirmed that there will be a 2nd series? How many episodes in the first series? Is it a standard 12/13?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 13:20   #26
Joel
Joined For Fun
Joel's Avatar
  • Join Date: Apr 2004
  • Supports: Chelsea FC
  • PSN: inZane88
  • Posts: 17,268

Joel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

It's supposed to be 10 episodes in this season.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 13:25   #27
Jonno394
XLV
Jonno394's Avatar
  • Join Date: Sep 2005
  • Location: Birmingham
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394
  • Posts: 10,660

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_BWFC View Post
So, is it confirmed that there will be a 2nd series? How many episodes in the first series? Is it a standard 12/13?
As Joel said, this is 10 episodes. No second season has been confirmed yet, but this season is only an adaption of the first book.

It'd be a shame if they left it like that, but I feel the plan is to adapt the whole series of books.
Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 13:59   #28
Eric Clyde
Registered User
Eric Clyde's Avatar
  • Join Date: Sep 2004
  • Location: Glasgow
  • Supports: Rangers
  • XBox: ClydeFrog50
  • PSN: ClydeFrog50
  • Posts: 4,786

Eric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneEric Clyde has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

I enjoyed the first episode. Like BarnDoor said the episode moved pretty fast, throwing a lot of characters your way.

I haven't read the books so I didn't know what to expect. The start was amazing!

Looking forward to the next episode.
__________________
Quote:
Jeff: Wait a minute! Butt sex!
Chef: Butt sex?
Jeff: Butt sex requires a lot of lubrication, right? Lubrication. Lubruh... Chupuh... Chupacabra 's the, the goat killer of Mexican folklore. Folklore is stories from the past that are often fictionalized. Fictionalized to heighten drama. Drama students! Students at colleges usually have bicycles! Bi, bian, binary. It's binary code!
Chef: Who's havin' butt sex?
Eric Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 14:01   #29
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
BarnDoor's Avatar
  • Join Date: Aug 2005
  • PSN: BarnDoor1
  • Posts: 18,773

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Clyde View Post
I enjoyed the first episode. Like BarnDoor said the episode moved pretty fast, throwing a lot of characters your way.
That would have been some feat of ventriloquism.
__________________
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 14:10   #30
Ali
It is happening again
Ali's Avatar
  • Join Date: Dec 2009
  • Location: Bolton
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26
  • Posts: 11,798

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno394 View Post
As Joel said, this is 10 episodes. No second season has been confirmed yet, but this season is only an adaption of the first book.

It'd be a shame if they left it like that, but I feel the plan is to adapt the whole series of books.
It's a very expensive show, but it looks like the viewing ratings will be high, so I'd be surprised if it doesn't get a 2nd season. The show is in the same vein as LOTR, so there's no reason why the viewing figures shouldn't stay high, if the show manages to keep the quality going. The good thing is, with shorter seasons, there's not much room for filler, so they should be able to keep the plot moving at a fairly decent pace.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:36.

Not yet a member? Register now.

.