PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 14-09-2011, 19:24   #46
Phatmann
HGW XX/7
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • XBox: Phatmann Scoop
  • PSN: Phatmann2008

Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Splice was alright, could've been a bit better though I reckon.

The Loved Ones (2009)

Cast

Xavier Samuel, Robin McLeavy, John Brumpton

Plot (No Spoilers)

When Brent turns down his classmate Lola's invitation to the prom, she concocts a wildly violent plan for revenge.

Thoughts

Incredibly creepy performances from the girl and her dad make the movie very unsettling. Some good gore and a decent story in general, although some aspects could have been explored more. I'm a big fan of the Australian horror style and this is certainly one of the better horror efforts to come out in the last decade.

DVD/Bluray Availability

Available on DVD and Bluray from Optimum in the UK. Usually quite cheap too.

Similar Watching

Prom Night, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Carrie

Phatmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 19:27   #47
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonno394 View Post
bd or dvd?

And pate, never seen splice, don't envisage i ever will tbh.
dvd.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 19:32   #48
nikos24
  • Supports: Panathinaikos FC
  • PSN: kingtrynd

nikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

I was wondering Barndoor mate, if you would add a "rating" section with your movie reviews or whether you'd recommend to watch it? But then again, it would really depend on the person I guess. What could be great for you, could be just OK for me.

Afterall, this is the underrated thread so it can't hurt giving a few of these a look. By the way, thanks a lot again for the DVD thread and this one too. I have 2 movies downloaded already (a few more on-going) and I'm bringing them over to watch with my girl on Sunday.
Old 14-09-2011, 19:34   #49
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos24 View Post
I was wondering Barndoor mate, if you would add a "rating" section with your movie reviews or whether you'd recommend to watch it?
Assigning a number score is pretty hard. I think the best thing to do is read the "thoughts" section of each film posted, you can clearly see whether it is recommended or not, and tbh, we're only posting films we've really enjoyed as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 19:35   #50
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Out of 10? If I post a film in here mate rest assured it's because I like it so there'd be no point. I don't think anyone's putting underrated films they don't rate but as you say it's different strokes for different folks, and therein lies the problem.
"Now I absolutely despise the murderer Herzog. I tell him to his face that I want to see him perish like the llama he executed. He should be thrown to the crocodiles alive! An anaconda should throttle him slowly! The sting of a deadly spider should paralyze him! His brain should burst from the bite of the most poisonous of all snakes! Panthers shouldn't slit his throat open with their claws, that would be too good for him! No. Big red ants should piss in his eyes, eat his balls, penetrate his asshole, and eat his guts! He should get the plague! Syphilis! Malaria! Yellow fever! Leprosy! In vain. The more I wish the most horrible of deaths on him and treat him like the scum of the earth that he is, the less I can get rid of him!" - Kinski on Herzog
Old 14-09-2011, 19:41   #51
Dragonfly
Waiting....
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • PSN: Zuboronovic

Dragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatmann View Post
Splice was alright, could've been a bit better though I reckon.

The Loved Ones (2009)

Thoughts

Incredibly creepy performances from the girl and her dad make the movie very unsettling. Some good gore and a decent story in general, although some aspects could have been explored more. I'm a big fan of the Australian horror style and this is certainly one of the better horror efforts to come out in the last decade.
I agree. Especially the people in the basement. The film was on Film4 a few weeks back and I was only watching it in the background, but that seemed to came out of nowhere. Did they explain or mention the basment people?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Violence. It's all the rage. | "Hatred is wasted energy."
"Let it always be known, that I was who I am."
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 19:43   #52
Phatmann
HGW XX/7
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • XBox: Phatmann Scoop
  • PSN: Phatmann2008

Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
I agree. Especially the people in the basement. The film was on Film4 a few weeks back and I was only watching it in the background, but that seemed to came out of nowhere. Did they explain or mention the basment people?
No I don't think they did. I remarked on that in the movie thread back when I first watched it. It's still a movie worth checking out properly if you can.

Barn, how about Vulgar for similar watching to Clownhouse?
Phatmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 19:44   #53
nikos24
  • Supports: Panathinaikos FC
  • PSN: kingtrynd

nikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno394 View Post
Assigning a number score is pretty hard. I think the best thing to do is read the "thoughts" section of each film posted, you can clearly see whether it is recommended or not, and tbh, we're only posting films we've really enjoyed as well.
You're right the thoughts section pretty much gives me the idea.

I checked out the first page again and didn't know there was an original version of My Bloody Valentine. I did enjoy the recent one (even if it was in stupid 3D), so this one is another must-see for me.
Old 14-09-2011, 19:48   #54
Dragonfly
Waiting....

Dragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Quote:
No I don't think they did. I remarked on that in the movie thread back when I first watched it. It's still a movie worth checking out properly if you can.
If at least for the goth girl, right?

Old 14-09-2011, 19:54   #55
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Quote:
Barn, how about Vulgar for similar watching to Clownhouse?
Not really since it's about a pathetic prag clown who gets raped. We can only link it through clowns and an element (off-screen in Clownhouse's case) of sexual depravity.
Old 14-09-2011, 21:36   #56
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Sauna (2008)

Cast

Various Finnish reprobates

Plot (No Spoilers)

As a 25-year war between Russia and Sweden concludes, two brothers who are part of an effort to outline new border accords become undone by their actions, and their mistreatment of a young woman during their journey.

Thoughts

Now this one is very slow-paced and it might help if you have an interest in history, but persevere and you'll be rewarded with a very complex, contemplative horror from Finland. One cannot deny its incredibly atmospheric and creepy for much of its running time, though the ending conjures up some truly nightmarish imagery. Definitely one for those of you looking for a psychological horror with some substance to it.

DVD Availability

US R1 DVD.

Similar watching

Deathwatch, The Bunker, R-Point, Guard Post, Kuroneko

Trailer

Old 15-09-2011, 10:45   #57
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Frontiers (2007)

Cast

Some French actors you probably won’t know

Plot (No spoilers)

A group of young Muslim thieves flee Paris after committing a large robbery during political riots. After splitting up into 2 groups, the first head towards the border and stop at a Bed and Breakfast to await their comrades. However, the free room and free sex aren’t all they’ll be experiencing as their gracious hosts are neo-nazis with much more in mind.

Thoughts

The French really have a fucked up imagination if this film is anything to go by. Filthy, disgusting and brilliant, you could not expect what is to come from this from the first 5-10 minutes. Frontiers features one of the most insane families to grace a film in a while and are up there with the Clan in Texas Chainsaw Massacre and the The Firefly clan in House of a 1000 Corpses/Devils Rejects. There are some truly horrific scenes of violence in this with at least 3 extremely memorable deaths throughout, and some things, like the underground dwelling children are just completely fucked up. Even having a woman as the main protagonist cannot hamper this.

DVD/Blu-ray availability

DVD only I’m afraid guys. There is a German Blu-ray but no english subtitles.

Similar Watching

Storm Warning, House of 1000 Corpses

Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 11:43   #58
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Cemetery Man (AKA Dellamorte Dellamore, 1994)

Cast

Rupert Everett, François Hadji-Lazaro

Plot (No Spoilers)

A cemetery man must kill the dead a second time when they become zombies.

Thoughts

A wonderful, surreal horror comedy anchored by a tremendously deadpan performance from Everett, ably supported by Hadji-Lazaro as the lovable Gnaghi - indeed, there is an odd chemistry between the pair that shouldn't work but does. Gore and laughs are to be had in equal measure. Words can't really do it justice - it's one of those delightfully odd films you just have to watch and enjoy.

DVD Availability

R1 DVD or Austrian or Italian Blu-ray.

Similar watching

I Sell The Dead, House, Braindead, Evil Dead Series, House of 1000 Corpses, The Church

Trailer

Old 15-09-2011, 14:01   #59
Dragonfly
Waiting....

I was thinking about posting both Frontiers & Cemetery Man, but wasn't sure they complied with the Underrated, Little Seen or Rarely Trumpeted Horror Films quota.

Old 15-09-2011, 14:03   #60
AgentZero

AgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by Ali

doing ye olde Aussie plug but The Tunnel was fairly good IMO, shaky/found footage genre.