sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 03-02-2015, 13:33   #16
Phatmann
HGW XX/7
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • XBox: Phatmann Scoop
  • PSN: Phatmann2008

Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

I like that quality in a movie, most of the time. I've noticed that Re-Animator is available on Netflix if you're looking for anything else to watch. It's one of the best horror comedies you'll come across in my opinion.

On Jonno's topic of Southern dramas/thrillers I thought I'd mention some of the classics in case anyone hasn't seen them before: Southern Comfort and Mississippi Burning, two must watch movies. I was expecting various lists from Jonno and Barn but they don't seem to have delivered the goods yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phatmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 13:50   #17
Ali
It is happening again
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatmann View Post
I like that quality in a movie, most of the time.
A lot of the time it felt as though they skipped a few scenes, explaining what the hell was going on, or how they got to a certain point. I don't mind a movie having unanswered questions, but when you finish the film and don't have a clue what went on, that's not a good sign.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 14:06   #18
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General
  • PSN: BarnDoor1

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
I like that quality in a movie, most of the time. I've noticed that Re-Animator is available on Netflix if you're looking for anything else to watch. It's one of the best horror comedies you'll come across in my opinion.

On Jonno's topic of Southern dramas/thrillers I thought I'd mention some of the classics in case anyone hasn't seen them before: Southern Comfort and Mississippi Burning, two must watch movies. I was expecting various lists from Jonno and Barn but they don't seem to have delivered the goods yet.
The lists are coming, and yes of course those two films are superb. Deliverance would be an obvious counterpart to Southern Comfort. Both are excellent. But this is somewhat different territory to the recent spate of Southern crime/noir type films. You're getting into survival thriller territroy with Deliverance and Comfort, and racial tensions with Mississippi, in which case In the Heat of the Night would be another must watch.
BarnDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 14:20   #19
Phatmann
HGW XX/7
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • XBox: Phatmann Scoop
  • PSN: Phatmann2008

Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Phatmann is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
A lot of the time it felt as though they skipped a few scenes, explaining what the hell was going on, or how they got to a certain point. I don't mind a movie having unanswered questions, but when you finish the film and don't have a clue what went on, that's not a good sign.
I think the incredibly small budget ($7,000) probably contributed to them needing to cut corners. I wouldn't say it was a great film but it was certainly interesting and impressive given the micro budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
The lists are coming, and yes of course those two films are superb. Deliverance would be an obvious counterpart to Southern Comfort. Both are excellent. But this is somewhat different territory to the recent spate of Southern crime/noir type films. You're getting into survival thriller territroy with Deliverance and Comfort, and racial tensions with Mississippi, in which case In the Heat of the Night would be another must watch.
Some good suggestions brought up there. Drama/Thriller are both quite broad genres so perhaps we could come up with movies that fit into that large category then divide into various sub-genres? Could add To Kill a Mockingbird to the racial tensions list.

Phatmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 14:23   #20
Dragonfly
Waiting....
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • PSN: Zuboronovic

Dragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

I think lists based on a subject matter could be a good idea.

Violence. It's all the rage. | "Hatred is wasted energy."
"Let it always be known, that I was who I am."
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 14:23   #21
Ali
It is happening again
  • Supports: Bolton Wanderers
  • PSN: alistair26

Ali is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post countAli is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
I think the incredibly small budget ($7,000) probably contributed to them needing to cut corners. I wouldn't say it was a great film but it was certainly interesting and impressive given the micro budget.
And one of the main characters looks a bit too much like Lionel Messi for my liking.

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 14:37   #22
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

The first lists won't be long in the making, the format/style is the most important thing, just waiting to get that finalised then I can post my Korean shit one.

Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 15:18   #23
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

BarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBarnDoor is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I like your idea. I'm thinking film name, then director and year in brackets, then imdb links for the lazier cunts among us.
Old 03-02-2015, 15:21   #24
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

So something like this:

Korean Crime/Drama

Must Watch

Oldboy
Chan-wook Park (2003)
IMDB Page

etc

etc

Further Viewing (ie not must watch but films that are good and fit in the category)

etc

etc

Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 15:45   #25
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

I think:

Oldboy (Chan-wook Park, 2003) - IMDB link

And so forth
Old 09-02-2015, 15:54   #26
Dragonfly
Waiting....

Dragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Best 90s Action Movie. What say you?

Old 09-02-2015, 16:04   #27
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Very difficult. Marked for Death, Die Hard 2, Hard Target, Predator 2 and Stone Cold come to mind. I think the traditional 80s action movie died with Under Siege 2 and the emergence of Speed and the Bruckheimer films. I see all those as a different entity.

The video is complete cunt and populated by retards. Of course they'd go for Terminator 2. Clearly don't know anything.
Old 09-02-2015, 18:09   #28
Dragonfly
Waiting....

What's your definition of an action movie? Would you class True Lies as an action movie?

Old 09-02-2015, 19:45   #29
BarnDoor
Witchfinder General

Broadly yes, though I do feel it's a very overrated film. I prefer mine much more serious.

The action film is an interesting one. I see its origins in the war adventure flicks of the 60s, like Secret Invasion, Dirty Dozen, Von Ryan's Express, Where Eagles Dare, etc. But it's difficult to trace through the 70s, as most potential candidates I would consider crime over action. The closest we come are surely the various trucker/racing/good ol' boys movies of the period, which can't always be pigeon-holed into the crime/revenge or martial arts genres. On another note, I hate cunts who argue that something like North by Northwest or The Seven Samurai are action films. They just aren't.

Action begins proper in the 80s for me, both in the US and in Hong Kong. Hard to find the exact beginning - probably around 1982 - but it explodes around 84/85, and then, in my book at least, that style of action film lingers until around 94 in both east and west (there's a very strong argument that the 90s represents the true golden age of the action film). Then, as I said, a new style emerges with the Bruckheimer films. Even though Face/Off is Woo I always saw it as more influenced by that style of filmmaking more than his Hong Kong sensibility.
Old 10-02-2015, 21:55   #30
scottw2307

scottw2307 is an unknown

Can anyone add to my lists
Sea Survival- All is lost, Open Water, Adrift
Survival Thriller- Deliverance, Southern Comfort, Zombie Dawn of the Dead, Zombie Day of the dead,
scottw2307 is offline   Reply With Quote