PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 17-07-2005, 16:59   #1
Gun_Runner
100Gunz-100Clipz

Gun_Runner has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Gun_Runner has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Boxing

Any boxing fans in here? if so what do you think about Khans first pro fight.....and also dyou think it was a shock that bernard Hopkins got beat last night by Jermain taylor on a split-decision? post your views.

Last edited by HH; 12-12-2010 at 11:16..
Gun_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 17:09   #2
kallum
Tethlon.

kallum has discovered the General Forums. God help us.kallum has discovered the General Forums. God help us.kallum has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Hey Shakur, you got one right here...

I don't know as much as I used too, I've sort of took my eye off the sport slightly over the past 2 years...

But yeah, I did watch the Kahn fight and was very impressed, the timing of that 1st knockdown was perfect. However, I hope he has some more tougher fights at this stage of his career.

I also watched the Skelton fight, and I do give credit to Mark Krence for stepping in, he did last longer than i foirst expected him too. Shame though, I was really looking forward to seieng him fight Williams.

Onto the Hopkin's fight, I was gutted when i got up this morning, to see I missed it...I remember thinking last night "I'm sure there's a big fight on tonight" (Not referring to the Kahn/Skelton bouts obviously).

I've read several reports on the fight though, and the general concensus is that Hopkins was a tad unlucky not to win.
kallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 17:12   #3
mutu
Betting Guru

mutu has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Awesome what a demolition job that was by Khan, good to see him boxing without that pansy headguard and vest even if it was only for a round.
Stayed up till about 5 with the lads watching Hopkins aswell and then woke up at 8:30, been cream crackered all day. I thought Taylor would do it though, but unfortunately (glares at Paul) there wasn't a betting thread opened here or I'd have stuck points on it.
Old 17-07-2005, 18:18   #4
BazHilder
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • PSN: YourMum23

BazHilder is an unknown

Khan was amazing, very Naseem Hamed-esque. It could be extremely timely in the political sense too for him to be such a universally popular British Asian at the moment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BazHilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 18:21   #5
Stevie Baby
Village Idiot
  • XBox: IsaBenBen

Stevie Baby has disabled reputation

Only saw the Kahn fight, and bleedin heck how good he was!

Is he still eligabubble for the olympics? Or is there something about pro-players not being allowed to enter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquay
You're such a dear Stevie. You're the only mortal being who can turn a cardboard room into a garden of erotic fantasy and spiffing ectasy
Stevie Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 18:32   #6
BazHilder
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • PSN: YourMum23

BazHilder is an unknown

I'm pretty sure only amateurs can enter the olympics, that's why there was talk of him not going pro for a while so he could try and win the next olympics. If pro's entered Audley Harrison would still be a nobody cos we all know he couldn't beat an egg!

BazHilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 18:45   #7
Yossi
Loopy about Lupoli

Yossi has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Yossi has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Yossi has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Yossi has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Yossi has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Yossi has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Yossi has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Yossi has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Yossi has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Yossi has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Yossi has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallum
Onto the Hopkin's fight, I was gutted when i got up this morning, to see I missed it...I remember thinking last night "I'm sure there's a big fight on tonight" (Not referring to the Kahn/Skelton bouts obviously).

I've read several reports on the fight though, and the general concensus is that Hopkins was a tad unlucky not to win.
I got up this morning and turned on the TV, and it was being repeated on Sky Sports 1. I saw the fight from round five onwards, and it was even up until about the tenth, when Hopkins hit Taylor with a few good punches. But they said Taylor was better in the earlier rounds so that's why he won. It was also funny when after the announcer had said that the first judge gave it to Hopkins, the second said Taylor won, and the announcer said "and the winner by split decision....." and Hopkins started celebrating, but the announcer went on "and new champion...." and the look on Hopkins' face was great.
Yossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 22:02   #8
glasto_god!
  • XBox: OSSOtheBOSSO

glasto_god! is an unknown

the opponent wasnt expecting kahn to come out like that, he was pish poor! khan was good! but i would like to see him fight a better fighter!

Jess (THE CAT) R.I.P 10.6.94 to 4.8.2005
glasto_god! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 22:05   #9
Top Gun
  • XBox: Zodiac19

Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

i saw the kahn fight he was amazing. good to see him dedicate the win to the people who died in london. i can remember when he did that in the olympics.

Top Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 22:47   #10
glasto_god!

what? is there a bomb i didnt hear about when the olympics were on?

Old 17-07-2005, 22:49   #11
Jonny2J
  • XBox: Jonny2J

Jonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonny2J is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

as i've always stated i am not a fan of Amir Khan at all
Jonny2J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 22:53   #12
glasto_god!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny2J
as i've always stated i am not a fan of Amir Khan at all
why not? he's young, he's strong, he's a good boxer, wish him all the best!

Old 18-07-2005, 03:41   #13
Gun_Runner
100Gunz-100Clipz

Gun_Runner has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Gun_Runner has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Im gutted about Hopkins getting beat....It was a win on split decision, I knew Taylor was gonna be a strong fight for him-but I thought B-Hop would win as hes had strong fighters in the past, Trinidad, de La Hoya etc. and hes beaten them, I think there's gonna be a re-match between those two and I think Hopkins will regain his titles that hes had for ageeees! Hes a warrior.!
Old 18-07-2005, 07:05   #14
proevo_15021975

proevo_15021975 has disabled reputation

watched a repeat of the fight and taylor won the early rounds and hopkins hurt him in the latter rounds.

good result i'd say and hopkins will get a rematch but to no avail i feel.the younger man will just get better and stronger.

hopkins is a legend in the world of boxing though and will be remembered forever for his exploits.
proevo_15021975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 09:44   #15
Gun_Runner
100Gunz-100Clipz

I duno, I think if he gets his rematch then he'll do what tarver did to Johnson , after getting beat the first fight he wanted revenge and won the second fight....who knows though Hopkins might just call it a day as hes 40 now and not getting younger.

PS. If he did retire he better be in the next Fight Night game!