PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 03-08-2006, 17:18   #1
hola name

hola name is an unknown

NFL Thread

The NFL season is around the corner with pre-season kicking off in a couple of weeks, who's going to be watching it?

Maybe you say it is stupid etc, well tell us why?

If you do follow it, who do you support? How will they do this season ? Do you want someone else's opinion on them?

Finally, who is going to do well this season?

I expect Carolina to certainly do very well. They have one of, if not the best recievers in the league in Steve Smith, Delhomme will need a good season for them to do well, and they have built a solid defense with the best end in the game, Julius Peppers. They will find it tough though due to the lack of a great running back, especially as DeShaun Foster is very injury prone. Also Keyshawn Johnson could be a big baby a whine or he could really take the heat off of Smith.

What are your opinions? GO!

hola name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 17:23   #2
Huw
PESInsight Legend
  • Supports: Birmingham City, Arizona Cardinals, Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Coyotes

Huw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

I agree Carolina should be good, but despite the Madden Curse (with Alexander being on the cober of the Madden game) and the SB losers curse, I cant see anyone really troubling Seattle from the NFC.

In the AFC Pittsburgh havent really been weakened so theyw ill be up there again. You cant write the Patrots off but I think the Colts missed the boat especially as they let James move on and its still to be seen if theyve replaced him.

My team The Cardinals should surprise a few people after yet another great draft.

Anyway I personally cant wait !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Huw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 17:41   #3
hola name

hola name is an unknown

Meh, doubt that Leinart will start and Warner has been supplying Fitzgerald and Boldin all last year and nothing special happened. So I don't think much will change this year, next year Leinart will be in the first team and Fitz and Boldin will be really kicking on in their careers.

This year:
Cardinals = 4 - 12
Old 03-08-2006, 17:47   #4
Huw
PESInsight Legend

Huw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hola name
Meh, doubt that Leinart will start and Warner has been supplying Fitzgerald and Boldin all last year and nothing special happened. So I don't think much will change this year, next year Leinart will be in the first team and Fitz and Boldin will be really kicking on in their careers.

This year:
Cardinals = 4 - 12
Plenty has changed. They have two more linesman, one on free agency and Leinart's main man from USC - the guard that Reggie Bush always used to follow in his record breaking season last year at college level.

Add to that a giant of a Tight End in Pope and most importantly of all a realistic threat on the ground with the addition of The Edge from the Colts. Lat year Boldin and Fitz were both double teamed all the time and the Cards were still one of the best passing teams and both WRs had receptions of over 1000 yards in a season. This year they cant be doubled teamed as opposition teams need to protect against the running game which was non existant last year, and the threat from TE must be taken seriously.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-08-2006, 17:59   #5
hola name

hola name is an unknown

Oh yeah I forgot about Edge, that is the reason why I feel the Colts may fail miserably this year. Addai won't be a realistic threat on the ground, and Harrison will be marked up that bit more now without the threat of James. I still stick with 4 - 12, but 5 - 11 won't surprise me.

Also am I the only one who thinks that Reggie Bush is going to be a major dissapointment? It won't be his fault as he will be forced to share the run with Deuce Mcallister, and because of that I feel he certainly won't get the big numbers expected of him. Mcallister will still get 250 carries or so, also the Saints are rubbish. Aaron Brooks? Come on.
Old 03-08-2006, 18:11   #6
Huw
PESInsight Legend

Quote:
Oh yeah I forgot about Edge, that is the reason why I feel the Colts may fail miserably this year. Addai won't be a realistic threat on the ground, and Harrison will be marked up that bit more now without the threat of James. I still stick with 4 - 12, but 5 - 11 won't surprise me.

Also am I the only one who thinks that Reggie Bush is going to be a major dissapointment? It won't be his fault as he will be forced to share the run with Deuce Mcallister, and because of that I feel he certainly won't get the big numbers expected of him. Mcallister will still get 250 carries or so, also the Saints are rubbish. Aaron Brooks? Come on.
Aaron Brooks went to Oakland and Drew Brees is the new Saints QB. But yes Bush wont get fantastic stats this year as McAllister will and should get the majority of hand offs, But apparently Bush is something special so he still may impress and you never know what will happen as most RBs miss a game or two through injury most seasons.

Old 03-08-2006, 18:35   #7
Dr. Bob Kelso
Welcome back...

Dr. Bob Kelso has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneDr. Bob Kelso has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneDr. Bob Kelso has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneDr. Bob Kelso has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneDr. Bob Kelso has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneDr. Bob Kelso has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

I'm a JETS fan and we stank last year but hey new season. I came second in the final of the Yahoo fantasy league.
"The great thing about Liverpool is their team spirit. It is very strong. But, for me, it is their fans who win matches for Liverpool because they have so much power. They are fantastic. Any player would love to have those types of fans behind him." - Samuel Eto'o
Dr. Bob Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 21:46   #8
hola name

hola name is an unknown

Jets will be 6 - 10, as they always finish pretty much mid-table so don't get a great pick.
Old 03-08-2006, 22:08   #9
Huw
PESInsight Legend

Quote:
Jets will be 6 - 10, as they always finish pretty much mid-table so don't get a great pick.
And you said 4-12 for the Cardinals - they are much better than the Jets, who havent even named their QB yet. And they lost Ty Law to The Chiefs and their all pro centre has gone to The Saints I think

Old 04-08-2006, 00:13   #10
H Ghost
  • XBox: H Ghost 510

H Ghost is an unknown

Quote:

Yes but Bush's game was/should be the spectacular runs for 50+ yards and what not. I don't think it's the yardage numbers people want so much as the TD's. Also Bush will still line up at wide out from time to time, and the Saint's already have Joe Horn, who never gets his due, and speedster Donte' Stalworth. With Brees throwing and a dual headed beast of Bush/Mcallister in the backfield, this team could be a beast offensivly. If the O-line does well and the defence can rank top 15 or better overall, this team will be a favorite.

That being said I think Carolina will win the Super Bowl, provided they shake the bad luck with injuries.
H Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 15:01   #11
hola name

hola name is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by huw140269
And you said 4-12 for the Cardinals - they are much better than the Jets, who havent even named their QB yet. And they lost Ty Law to The Chiefs and their all pro centre has gone to The Saints I think
How do you think the Cardinals will do? I think I said though that 5 - 11 would not surprise me. We will see at the end of the season, I doubt Warner, Fitzpatrick and Boldin will suddenly drag themselves into the playoffs. Altough Edge will help. 2 seasons time? Playoffs, for sure. But Leinart will need time to gel with what is a good recieving core.
Old 04-08-2006, 15:11   #12
Huw
PESInsight Legend

Quote:
How do you think the Cardinals will do? I think I said though that 5 - 11 would not surprise me. We will see at the end of the season, I doubt Warner, Fitzpatrick and Boldin will suddenly drag themselves into the playoffs. Altough Edge will help. 2 seasons time? Playoffs, for sure. But Leinart will need time to gel with what is a good recieving core.
The Cardinals arent contenders by any means but a target of 8-8 I think is a reasonable one. And theyve got a new stadium this year and have sold out season tickets for the first time since moving to Arizona. The franchise is on the up definitely but it all depends on their O Line. They have the tools to destroy teams through the air and if the running game does click then their offense will be undefendable at times.

They have stars on the Defensive side of the ball too - Adrian Wilson at Safety, Antrel Rolle who was injured for most of last season has to step up this year and show why he was drafted in last years first round. Then there is Berry (RE) and Dansby (LB) who are both pro bowl quality players. And dont forget the record breaking kicker Neil Rackers.

You are right that in a couple of years this team should be able to achieve something and this year will be too soon for that but I think 4-12 is way too pessemistic a target. If that did happen heads would certainly roll in the coaching staff.

Old 14-08-2006, 10:20   #13
Huw
PESInsight Legend

Preseason games started at the weekend. They dont mean much as teams only seem to use their starters for limited plays, but 2 rookies who had good starts were Cutler, the QB at Denver and Bush who broke a big run on his second carry of the game.

Arizona played their first game at their new Stadium and beat teh Superbowl Champions, The Steelers. Not much can be read into the game but Warner looked good and the Cardinals scored on their first drive against The Steelers starting Defence.

Oh well. season is getting nearer.

Old 14-08-2006, 19:04   #14
murc

murc is an unknown

How Bout Dem Cowboys!!?!?!!!!

Super Bowl Champions 2007!!!
Old 14-08-2006, 19:11   #15
Bish
  • Supports: Arsenal & Miami Dolphins
  • PSN: C-Note_7

Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

I'm looking forward to the new season. I'm a Miami Dolphins fan and am quite optimistic for the season. We finished last season with 6 straight wins, better than any other team. Hopefully Culpepper can find his best form and remain injury free. We haven't really had a solid, good quarterback since Dan Marino.
We were 9-7 last year, i'm hoping for a 10-6 season.

My tip for the Superbowl:

Miami ( ) v Carolina
Bish is offline   Reply With Quote