PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 06-10-2010, 16:16   #1
HH
  • Supports: West Ham United

HH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

ESPN's 30 Films for 30 Years

Ive been watching these documentaries recently which ESPN air on the odd occasion about various stories in various sports. There actually isnt much 'sports' involved in these stories but more what makes the particular story interesting.

Ive just seen 'The Two Escobars' which is about football in Colombia and how Pablo Escobar and his reign as a drug lord affected his surroundings and even football, I never knew how much of an affect he had on it. Setting up football pitches, floodlights, houses for the poor. Eventually it would culminate with the tragic murder of Andres Escobar who scored that infamous own goal at USA 94' which knocked them out of the World Cup. Out of the documentaries I have seen from this series, I highly recommend this one to any football fan. Everyone will of heard of the guy who got killed because he scored that own goal, but it was much more than that. I never knew that he was about to sign for Milan and flee from the chaos of his home country.

There are about 32 films out now and all directed by various sports personalities and film directors. There will be a big thread about it in the Elite Section.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 16:46   #2
Bish
  • Supports: Arsenal & Miami Dolphins
  • PSN: C-Note_7

Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Yeah I've seen a few of these. Saw the Escobars one a few weeks ago. Also enjoyed watching the 'Run Ricky Run' episode. As a Miami Dolphins fans, it was good to see what really made him decide to move away from the sport, his drug problems and had a nice insight into the kind of person he is. Have to say, he's one of the most fascinating induviduals, let alone sportsmen, I've ever encountered.
Bish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 17:17   #3
HH
  • Supports: West Ham United

HH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeHH is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Definitely is, without a doubt. I guess most of these films are about sports stars who are different in some ways. Ricky Williams quitting Football to really find himself.
HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:00   #4
ThaReaper01
  • Supports: Manchester United and Jonny Evans
  • XBox: ThaReaper01
  • PSN: ThaReaper01

ThaReaper01 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.ThaReaper01 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Does anyone know where I can watch this or when it's gonna come on TV next?

The Two Escobars I mean.

-Lucius Annaeus Seneca
ThaReaper01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:24   #5
Rainey
  • Supports: S.S. Lazio

Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

I watched the Without Bias film, the story of Lens Bias. Really interesting story indeed. Also seen bits of the Wayne Gretzky film.
Rainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 17:57   #6
Dragonfly
Waiting....
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • PSN: Zuboronovic

Dragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

I stumbled upon the trailer of The Two Escobars recently, and I'd love to watch it. It looks excellent.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Violence. It's all the rage. | "Hatred is wasted energy."
"Let it always be known, that I was who I am."
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 01:13   #7
Rainey

Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Rainey is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Just after watching "Once Brothers".

Quote:
The documentary is a story about the relationship of two famous basketball players from the former Yugoslavia; Vlade Divac (Serbia) and Dražen Petrović (Croatia). They were once as close as brothers, yet the war in former Yugoslavia tore them apart (since they came from opposing sides) and they no longer communicated. Petrović then died in an automobile accident, thus preventing the two friends from ever healing old wounds.[
An incredibly interesting story that was brilliantly told. It's a great insight into both players careers, friendship and even the war between Croatia, Yugoslavia etc. Highly recommended.
Old 18-01-2012, 23:40   #8
AgentZero

AgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Big fan of the series, I've watched Winning Time, 2 Escobars, Catching Hell, Once Brothers, No Crossover, Fab 5, Without Bias and Kings Ransom.
The only disappointing one was the No Crossover one, partly because I dislike Allen Iverson anyway. Once Brothers and Without Bias got me choked up good, fucking onions.

being a yuppie: sent from iPhone
Old 19-01-2012, 00:23   #9
Rainey

I watched Reggie Miller vs The New York Knicks yesterday. Really good film, as I'm only a NBA rookie it's great to learn more about the NBA, and watch some classic moments. The match were Reggie scored 8pts against the Knicks in about 10 seconds was just incredible especially the two 3-pointers in quick succession.

I've also watched the Allen Iverson one, I wish it showed more of him on the court rather than telling the story about him off the court. But still thought it's was alright.
Old 19-01-2012, 00:27   #10
AgentZero

AgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by AliAgentZero has by now had a thread closed by Ali

Yeah Reggie is awesome, growing up i loathed him because he always drop threes at the right time and was super clutch. Period in the late 90s there was that love triangle between Pacers/Bulls and Jazz he was public enemy numero uno.
Its funny at how much of a big deal it was in 95, considering it was an MJ less season
Old 19-01-2012, 00:30   #11
Rainey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentZero View Post
Yeah Reggie is awesome, growing up i loathed him because he always drop threes at the right time and was super clutch. Period in the late 90s there was that love triangle between Pacers/Bulls and Jazz he was public enemy numero uno.
Its funny at how much of a big deal it was in 95, considering it was an MJ less season
I never realised how good he was or how much shit he talked. It was finally great to see him in action.

I would have to say Once Brothers has been my favourite one of the series so far. There was so much to the story, really was a fantastic watch.
Old 19-01-2012, 00:34   #12
AgentZero

it was indeed, a proper story i got heaps of respect for Vlade Divac and it was amusing to see him exclaim to his mum that in America they have more than one type of chocolate bars.
Old 19-01-2012, 00:39   #13
Rainey

Quote:
it was indeed, a proper story i got heaps of respect for Vlade Divac and it was amusing to see him exclaim to his mum that in America they have more than one type of chocolate bars.
haha. Not just chocolate, but white chocolate, dark chocolate, chocolate with nuts, chocolate with caramel.....

After watching the film I went on to you YouTube to check some clips off them both playing, Vlade looked like a great player, such vision and passing ability (I got that impression of him after watching this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6xa_Pldz8c )
Old 19-01-2012, 00:41   #14
AgentZero

He was good in the post showtime Lakers but better teamed up with my man C-Webb, Bibby and Peja.
Old 19-01-2012, 00:42   #15
Rainey

Quote:
He was good in the post showtime Lakers but better teamed up with my man C-Webb, Bibby and Peja.
Yeah, it seemed to be a very good Kings team.