PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 15-11-2006, 18:20   #556
Danny1234567

Danny1234567 has disabled reputation

Alright JMZ, i've tried to create you're formation, are the poistioning of the players right?

Cheers
Danny1234567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 18:35   #557
Pro P.I.M.P

Pro P.I.M.P has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny1234567 View Post
Alright JMZ, i've tried to create you're formation, are the poistioning of the players right?

Cheers
Mate how did you get that image up? It looks exactly like it would in the game! Not that I dont appreciate JMZ's template, I think he should just post a picture like this after he has used his templates for his formations so that they can definately be accurately created!
Pro P.I.M.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 21:51   #558
Danny1234567

lol, it's just a screenshot of the formation in-game, I think JMZ has the PS2 version so it'd be difficult to get the images onto his PC.
Old 16-11-2006, 22:50   #559
Cantona77

Cantona77 is an unknown

Players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike67 View Post
Observer you are a legend! I have been playing the PES series since it was ISS and I have never come across as good a formation as your 3-4-3. I'd been winning quite easily on 6* ML but was a but bored of my old 3-5-2 as my play was a bit one dimensional and repetitive. This 3-4-3 is class, it opens the game up loads and makes it easy to tear the CPU to shreds and score great goals. In my past 3 games I've won 4-0, 5-0 and 3-0 again and in that time the CPU has totalled 4 shots! Brilliant.
Who are your players...is this WE9/PES5? Just curious b/c i play on 4* ML (on Xbox) and have been struggling to create quality chances. I do create chances, but just not good ones. I have won 2-1, tied 3-3, tied 0-0 with the same formation from Observer. It seems to rely to heavily on the Counter Attack, and when i played weaker sides they seem to sit back with defensive tactics - this neutralizes my Counter Attack.

Sometimes i would leave the Manual attack on full and the manual strategy to Counter Attack while they were attacking to see how they could handle when i went forward. Despite this i still didn't seem to create but 1 or 2 good chances.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I used Observers formation and tactics.

Thanks
Cantona77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2006, 18:12   #560
jMz
I beg your pardon?
  • Supports: Newcastle United, Barcelona

jMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Pimp, I do tend to use the counter atack strategy quite a bit after I have gone 1-0 up, as the other team tend to attack more and you are more likely to catch them on the break. The pressure I only use if I desperately need to stop someone passing around.
I use the opposite side attack every now and again to stretch the play if I'm struggling to break through the middle.

As for using the proper pitch design, I would if I could, believe me, it would be much easier, but I don't have PES for PC and have no way of getting decent screens from my PS2. If someone could supply me with a blank pitch, I could make them proper accurate. I feel your pain gents, I really do.
Danny, that pic is almost spot on, push the left winger a TINY bit wider, and push the Left back up a bit, apart from that it's right. How's it working OK for you?
Old 20-11-2006, 18:25   #561
Danny1234567

Yeah its tip top mate, been using it online rather than offline. Only alterations i've made is removing the Attacking Arrow from the defensive midfielder to provide some more cover, and also coverted the SS into an CF to give the target man some more support. But yeah it's quality.

By the way, which gameplans do you use ? Counter Attack, Opp Attack, Centre Attack etc. ?

Cheers.
Old 20-11-2006, 21:25   #562
Pro P.I.M.P

JMZ could you please have a look to see if i made your formation accurately:

Default:

Formation A:

Formation B:

Also JMZ could you suggest to me the best player for the AMF position where you play yourself? Also I need to know the next best player for the left back role after ashley cole? Thanks!
Old 21-11-2006, 19:16   #563
SMH2k

SMH2k is an unknown

I need a little help regarding formations.

When playing online (or just humans in general) I find that my players seem to break off easily (or go for a wonder) when the opposing team have possession giving them lots of time and space. Calling for a defender sometimes works but I don't find this very reliable.

I've messed around with setting since the day before release but still can't find a solution to the problem and it's doing my nut in!

My defensive record was very good on PES5, I rarely got beat by humans and my defensive record online was very good so it's pissing me off that my defense just allow the players to walk through.

When playing I'm often Man Utd unless I've a weak opponent then I'm Atletico Madrid.

Any suggestions guys?
SMH2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2006, 19:35   #564
Pro P.I.M.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMH2k View Post
I need a little help regarding formations.

When playing online (or just humans in general) I find that my players seem to break off easily (or go for a wonder) when the opposing team have possession giving them lots of time and space. Calling for a defender sometimes works but I don't find this very reliable.

I've messed around with setting since the day before release but still can't find a solution to the problem and it's doing my nut in!

My defensive record was very good on PES5, I rarely got beat by humans and my defensive record online was very good so it's pissing me off that my defense just allow the players to walk through.

When playing I'm often Man Utd unless I've a weak opponent then I'm Atletico Madrid.

Any suggestions guys?
I have exactly the same problem as you mate & that is why I hate PES6! I thought that maybe it was just my formation but I have even tried JMZ new formation & the defending is still rubbish!
Old 22-11-2006, 18:02   #565
Level6

Level6 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Level6 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Hey jMz excellent formations you posted up there mate and I really enjoy reading your thread!

I was wondering have you played ML with the default players on PES5/6 and how do line them up?

Peace.
Level6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 20:33   #566
jMz
I beg your pardon?
  • Supports: Newcastle United, Barcelona

jMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonejMz has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Danny I use Counter Attack, pressure and opposite side attack depending on the situation.

Pimp I can't get those images to load mate...

And as for defending, it's hard to say what you may be doing wrong without seeing you in action, but try to lay off the sprint unless you really need to catch someone, holding sprint while changing player can cause the newly selected player to dart off, which is all the space a good attacker needs to get through, and don't hold X down constantly to tackle, press it at the last moment. Most of the time you can shoulder someone off the ball without pressing a button, maybe sprint in a small burst will help when you very near to the player.
I find covering the area the player is looking to pass or run to is more effective than just running at the player in possession. Holding square in bursts to bring someone over to help while you simply cover the ground, giving other midielders chance to get back, then use defenders to make slide tackles.

AMF's to fill in for me, I would suggest Rooney or Ronaldinho.
Also have a look for Boniek in the classic players, he can play SS, AMF and WF, he is VERY fast and has excellent allround skills, not to mention a high teamwork rating.

I never bother with the default ML players, I find myself getting frustrated with their mediocrity, rather than enjoying the game, which is what it's all about for me, fun.

In general ML play, I will use a different variant of 442 or 433 depending on how the oppostion is set out. If a team is set out to attack, I'll play counter attack, if they are set out to defend I'll pile on the pressure and watch out for them countering me. If it's a strong team I'll set out a strong team, if it's weak opposition, I'll give some youngsters a game and play very attacking. Also I'll make changes during almost every game, sometimes even after only a few minutes if I feel the need, maybe not to change a player, but to strengthen an area or put more focus on the oppositions weakness. Always use at least 2 subs after 60-70 mins. The extra fitness can have a huge impact if used wisely.
Fergie and Mourinho have got nowt on me...
Old 08-12-2006, 13:45   #567
Level6

Level6 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Level6 has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jMz View Post
I never bother with the default ML players, I find myself getting frustrated with their mediocrity, rather than enjoying the game, which is what it's all about for me, fun.

In general ML play, I will use a different variant of 442 or 433 depending on how the oppostion is set out. If a team is set out to attack, I'll play counter attack, if they are set out to defend I'll pile on the pressure and watch out for them countering me. If it's a strong team I'll set out a strong team, if it's weak opposition, I'll give some youngsters a game and play very attacking. Also I'll make changes during almost every game, sometimes even after only a few minutes if I feel the need, maybe not to change a player, but to strengthen an area or put more focus on the oppositions weakness. Always use at least 2 subs after 60-70 mins. The extra fitness can have a huge impact if used wisely.
Fergie and Mourinho have got nowt on me...
Safe jMz.

Your line up and tactics sound interesting and it even gave me a few ideas Nice to know how in depth people play PES!

About the default players, you should try them it'll be fun. I know their shit, but you can use some of your tactics to try and get the best out of them, it'll be really rewarding when you win games against bigger teams than you.

Just thought i'll recommend you a alternative way to play.

Peace.
Level6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:08   #568
Pro P.I.M.P

JMZ! I now play with your old PES4 2-6-2 formation because I was having problems creating chances against my mates in PES6. So far it has worked really well but I have not yet got a strong enough team. If you get time, could you perhaps develop a squad of classic players for that formation? Or else just develop the best squad of classic players for PES6? The reason I ask you is because you seem to know alot more about what players have good teamwork together as opposed to just automatically expecting all the best legends to work well together. Thanks!
Old 18-12-2006, 03:21   #569
tenken1013

tenken1013 is an unknown

4-4-2

i want to use a 4-4-2 formation with 2 CMF
but what is a good move ment for the 2 CMFs and the 2FWs [1(SS) and 1(CF)]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnis View Post
Check it out:

tenken1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 00:55   #570
t23d
  • Supports: Barcelona

t23d has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

well my problem seems that when i play against humans thate are using 3 attackers, my sidebacks seem to always run up no matter how much i send them back, leaving so much open space for the wingers, what can i do about this? i find the 3-4-3 and 3-5-2 formations pretty interesting, but the second the other team gets the ball its almost a sure goal cause no one is covering the wingers. what can i do about this ? one of my buddies using rooney on the left wing is tremendously lethal with him.......btw.......is there a good netherlands formation around here? i cant seem to find one....
t23d is offline   Reply With Quote