PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 02-05-2015, 20:17   #1
Lörd TH
  • XBox: DRUMadam

Lörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Need Help ASAP!

So as you're aware my PC has been having a couple of problems, even though I've only fucking had it since Wednesday. Anyway now for some reason it doesn't even boot to windows, it boots to this page;

(not my picture but the same problem)
http://www.asklaptopfreak.com/wp-ima...le-failure.jpg

I figured I'd try re installing Windows to see if that would help, but low and behold it said "unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing" and when trying to refresh my PC it says "the drive where windows is installed is locked. unlock the drive and try again".

I can only assume the SSD is fucked somehow? @Sweey @Dundon's

EDIT: Just ran a chkdsk c: test and it says the hard drive is fine and there are no problems. Which makes this situation even more confusing.

Lörd TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 20:35   #2
Sweey
Administrator
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

The drive is fine but it may not have a bootable copy of Windows on it any more.

Check the BIOS to ensure that the SSD is set as the first boot option. It might be trying to boot into something else and bypassing the SSD entirely.

If your problems persist, get your money back and go through another company or down another avenue - like getting Dundon's to build one for you to a particular specification. At least he'll test the fucking thing properly before sending it to you.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 20:59   #3
Lörd TH

Lörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

The SSD is at the top of the boot priority. Somehow the Windows installer thing did a check and came up saying that winload.exe was missing but for some reason I've no idea how to get back to that screen.

Old 02-05-2015, 21:05   #4
Sweey
Administrator

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

In that case, I assume it has damaged the Windows installation and you'd need to repair from a Windows 8 or "recovery" DVD or reinstall entirely - if you were provided with either. If you weren't, I don't know if you can dwonload and burn a DVD of Windows 8 legally by using your serial number but it'd be worth a shot.
Old 02-05-2015, 21:26   #5
Lörd TH

Attempting to do a clean install, can't seem to find a serial key but someone on their forum said it is embedded in the BIOS (somehow?)

Currently on this page (again not my photo), do I delete everything then reinstall?
On mine there is

Drive 0 Partition 1: Windows re tools
Drive 0 Partition 2: SYSTEM
Drive 0 Partition 3: MSR (Reserved)
Drive 0 Partition 4: (OEM reserved)
Drive 0 Partition 5: windows
Drive 1 Partition 1: MSR (Reserved)
Drive 1 Partition 1: New Volume (where all my samples etc are)

Old 02-05-2015, 21:45   #6
Sweey
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lörd TH View Post
Attempting to do a clean install, can't seem to find a serial key but someone on their forum said it is embedded in the BIOS (somehow?)

Currently on this page (again not my photo), do I delete everything then reinstall?
On mine there is

Drive 0 Partition 1: Windows re tools
Drive 0 Partition 2: SYSTEM
Drive 0 Partition 3: MSR (Reserved)
Drive 0 Partition 4: (OEM reserved)
Drive 0 Partition 5: windows
Drive 1 Partition 1: MSR (Reserved)
Drive 1 Partition 1: New Volume (where all my samples etc are)

I would assume Drive 0 Partition 5 based on the name of it but would otherwise need partition sizes. I assume the Windows partition is by far the biggest which again would make that the one to go for (it should in some way resemble 128GB less conversion rounding and the sizes of the other partitions). You may as well go for a clean install - you'll only end up back here if the problems haven't gone away, albeit there's an argument that you will have the same problems as they shouldn't have installed anything particularly debilitating.
Old 02-05-2015, 22:10   #7
Lörd TH

Cheers for the help once again, if the problem returns I'll send it back. Unfortunately you only get 1 month free shipping, but fingers crossed it's safe.
Old 02-05-2015, 22:55   #8
Sweey
Administrator

These problems aren't what I, you or anyone else should be expecting from a custom build. You may just have been unlucky and hopefully the problems won't return. If you get the IRQL error again, consider changing the page file. Mine is custom set to be 200MB initially and to increase, when necessary, to 1024MB rather than being system managed. Also remember what you did to sort out the issue with your SSD seemingly powering down and causing an error when playing music.