PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 14-11-2007, 11:06   #16
Jesus
Banned

Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

I'll be gaming on a 17-19 inch LCD screen.

NO ONE has the 8800 GT which sucks.

Yes ATI is releasing tomorrow but whether the bastards will have them, I don't know.

Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 11:11   #17
Sweey
Administrator
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

You have to get them on pre-order. There are so many 8800GT's on pre-order that when new stock is arriving, it is all being despatched and still not clearing pre-orders. Overclockers UK were expecting lots this week so have a nose over there (http://www.overclockers.co.uk) but it'll be a similar issue. No website will say they have stock until pre-orders have been cleared.

There are concerns that although ATi's cards sound good, they've struggled recently with translating the on-paper impressiveness into the real world and that for this reason, nVidia haven't yet brought out the 9000 series - they don't need to. I'm no fan of ATi but their cards really need to challenge nVidia's properly or we consumers are going to be continually fed tiny revisions of existing hardware. I'm now toying with the idea of not buying a card until the 9000s are released and settled.
Sweey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 11:15   #18
Jesus
Banned

Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Jesus has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

I live in Mauritius! which explains why I'm not getting 8800 GT anywhere.

EDIT: Sweey, I managed to find a guy whose got a small company. I just talked to him. He told me he'll need to order it and I'll get it within a week.
I've posted what I'm thinking of buying in the Electronic Problem thread as this thread is for Graphics Cards.
Old 14-11-2007, 13:38   #19
o0oGedo0o
"ThE liTtlE PhAraOh"
  • PSN: painkilling

o0oGedo0o has discovered the General Forums. God help us.o0oGedo0o has discovered the General Forums. God help us.o0oGedo0o has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pique View Post

EDIT: Sweey, I managed to find a guy whose got a small company. I just talked to him. He told me he'll need to order it and I'll get it within a week.
I've posted what I'm thinking of buying in the Electronic Problem thread as this thread is for Graphics Cards.
Mauritius? weren't you with us in the same group in the african qualifiers?
o0oGedo0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 13:53   #20
Jesus
Banned

I don't know Gedo. I've watched the(my) national team play only a few times, normally when I felt like sleeping and Liverpool isn't on TV.
Old 14-11-2007, 14:00   #21
Dmitris
Banned

Dmitris has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Dmitris has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Lol

Quote:
Well, that sucks. I thought you were Indian. I even thought Sweey was, but.. he isn't.

What is the Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport like? Have you been there? or were you born in the island?

The Macs doesn't sound like a bad idea, I'll be getting that this week.
Looking forward to using my flight simulator, finally.
Dmitris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 14:12   #22
Jesus
Banned

It's a small airport. Nothing special really. My family is Mauritian but of Indian origin. I always thought you were 15!

Bare in mind that you won't be able to play PES and the like on a MAC unless you use a windows emulator. My elder cousin who's got a mac book uses/used a software to switch between OS. He had both mac and windows installed on separate partitions. I'll find out more and tell you about it.

Now enough of the off-topic.
Old 14-11-2007, 14:18   #23
Dmitris
Banned

Dmitris has discovered the General Forums. God help us.Dmitris has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Quote:
It's a small airport. Nothing special really. My family is Mauritian but of Indian origin. I always thought you were 15!

Bare in mind that you won't be able to play PES and the like on a MAC unless you use a windows emulator. My elder cousin who's got a mac book uses/used a software to switch between OS. He had both mac and windows installed on separate partitions. I'll find out more and tell you about it.

Now enough of the off-topic.
I thought you were 13, I still think so. Ah, I've got a Macbook, but I'm getting the Macbook Pro. It's Bootcamp, the software that you need to switch OS.

Have you ever been to your motherland? or anywhere else?
Dmitris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 14:24   #24
Jesus
Banned

Why not continue that via msn Dmitris? Mine is [email protected]
Old 15-11-2007, 21:12   #25
Sweey
Administrator

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

nVidia Geforce 8800GT vs ATi Radeon HD 3870:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3151&p=6

nVidia have announced that the G92-based Geforce 8800GTS is expected to be available from December 3/4 and early rumours suggest that it will match the G80-based 8800GTX and Ultra. It is expected to cost around £210 but nothing is set in stone as yet.
Old 20-11-2007, 08:46   #26
Wan
PESGaming legend in opposite world
  • Supports: Chelsea

Wan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by AliWan has by now had a thread closed by Ali

How can someone determine that a graphic card is good?
More pipeline is better?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2007, 10:40   #27
Sweey
Administrator

No.

The Radeon HD 2900 has 320 stream processors (pipelines) and the 8800GTX which always beats it has 128. In addition, the Radeon HD 2900 has a core clock speed of 743Mhz and the 8800GTX a slower 610Mhz. The ATi card also has more memory bandwidth yet the memory clock speed is slower, the fill rate much slower, and it has 2/3 as many ROPs and half as many TMUs as the 8800GTX.

After all of that, take into consideration the fact that both cards deal with graphics in a different way, utilising their chosen processing path which is why ATi have more of some things and less of others and vice versa.

Finally, despite how things look on paper it is real-world performance which counts and while ATi appear to promise a lot from their cards on paper, the performance doesn't quite match up to it.

Confused? Good. It means I'm doing my job.
Old 20-11-2007, 11:39   #28
Stella Artois

Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Stella Artois has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

Trust me, you are.

"The conclusion that worries me is that Arsenal could pick nine reserves and score six goals at Anfield. We had seven of the first team and could not win.

"There is a lesson in this for the whole of our club."

Yes. You're rubbish.
Quote:
I'm not going to mention what did Stella Artois used to tell me. I don't want to compare anyone to Stella.
Stella Artois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2007, 12:30   #29
Sweey
Administrator

nVidia announce 8800M series for notebooks; for those of you wanting to waste money on a high-end gaming laptop:

Quote:
Nvidia has introduced its new top-of-the-range GeForce 8M-series mobile graphics processor, as forecast.

The GeForce 8800M GTX and the 8800M GTS both have cores clocked at 500MHz, but while the GTX incorporates 96 Stream processors - what Nvidia calls its unified shaders - the GTS has but 64. Both GPUs connect across a 256-bit bus to no more than 512MB of graphics memory, clocked at 800MHz.

The chips can use memory technologies up to and including GDDR 3.

The two GPUs can also be paired up within a suitable notebook enclosure to work together on rendering scenes using Nvidia's SLI technology. The chips support Microsoft's DirectX 10 and Shader Model 4.0.

Each has on separate, on-die video processing engine, the VP2, for handling HD codecs like H.264, VC-1, MPEG 2 and WMV 9 decoding. They'll feed dual-link DVI ports to support resolutions of up to 2560 x 1600, more than enough for 1080p HD, which the chips can also generate via analogue TV ports, should notebook makers include them.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:20   #30
Jesus
Banned

Sweey, I'll be buying the 8800GT itself. I've got a question in mind though. After how many years would I need to change a graphics card then? Because spending roughly 160 bucks on a graphics card and needing to get another one after a year would be rather silly.