PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 12-02-2009, 22:01   #61
Singey
  • Supports: Liverpool

Singey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

And how do I go about doing that :faceplm:

Im pretty nub-ish when it comes to the PSU. Is it on the table printed on the sticker of the PSU?

Singey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 22:55   #62
Sweey
Administrator
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singey View Post
And how do I go about doing that :faceplm:

Im pretty nub-ish when it comes to the PSU. Is it on the table printed on the sticker of the PSU?
Yep. A quick Google search will tell you precisely what you're looking for.

In response to your earlier question I forgot to answer, the PSU is pretty much the most cumbersome piece of equipment to change. All connectors to components have to be disconnected and its likely that in order to remove the PSU from its cradle/slot you'll have to remove the motherboard and perhaps some fans too.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 00:02   #63
Singey

Singey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneSingey has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Oh :/

Well in that case I hope my 400W manages to cut it, i'll be fucked if not. Thanks for all your help, its appreciated.
Old 13-02-2009, 14:04   #64
Singey

Well, having checked, it appears the 400W is wank.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/120675...roduct_reviews

Do you think this would be any good?
Old 13-02-2009, 14:27   #65
Sweey
Administrator

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Due to the brand, no. If the brand is bad enough, the PSU will blow up before it actually reaches its wattage capacity. Any power supply that cheap will likely cause problems.

You want a PSU made by Akasa, Antec, Corsair, Enermax, OCZ, Seasonic, Tagan or Zalmac. Yes they're more expensive but then they aren't going to die at the drop of a hat either.
Old 13-02-2009, 16:25   #66
Singey

Hmm, my friend recommended it for me, he has a 400W version of that same one I gave, do you think the 9800GT would break a 500W?

He too said that i'd be better off getting a proper brand but, he also says that for what im using it for, that would be fine.

In case your wondering, im just using it for general use as well as playing a few games, and the PSU is only powering one drive along with all standard components.
Old 13-02-2009, 21:08   #67
Sweey
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singey View Post
Hmm, my friend recommended it for me, he has a 400W version of that same one I gave, do you think the 9800GT would break a 500W?

He too said that i'd be better off getting a proper brand but, he also says that for what im using it for, that would be fine.

In case your wondering, im just using it for general use as well as playing a few games, and the PSU is only powering one drive along with all standard components.
I'm just unsure as to the quality of that 400W PSU. By all means purchase it if you want to as the price isn't steep but I'd personally not recommend it as I've no guarantee its of decent quality.

A 9800GT should never ever cause issues for a 500W PSU.
Old 19-11-2009, 19:20   #68
Dale C.
  • Supports: Birmingham City F.C
  • PSN: iRepMorons

Dale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Right, so I ran a little diagnostic using the 'run' tool, and found out that my graphics card is the 'ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400'.

Is this any good? Would I need to upgrade to play Dragon Age and similar games?

How does it compare with other graphics cards now? I assume its a little bit out of date

Dale C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 21:19   #69
Sweey
Administrator

From a desktop point of view:

The latest card from ATI is a Radeon HD 5870, the world's first DirectX 11 card.

I'm using a 512MB Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4870 and I play games without issue. One could go more extreme than that but it'll be perfectly fine for the likes of Dragon Age, Devil May Cry 4 (which was surprisingly intensive on the graphics card), Race Driver GRID, Modern Warfare 2 and pretty much anything else you care to think of. Bought it for something like £150 when it was new.

Where laptop graphics cards are concerned, look here: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-...ist.844.0.html

You could always try playing Dragon Age with your existing card and see if it struggles. That way you'll only buy a new graphics card for your laptop if you need to.

Good luck changing it over if you need to :|
Old 19-11-2009, 23:33   #70
Dale C.
  • Supports: Birmingham City F.C
  • PSN: iRepMorons

Dale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeDale C. is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

Ahh. I just found out that my graphics card may be integrated :faceplm:

Dale C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 15:56   #71
paddy
  • XBox: mack2kill

paddy has discovered the General Forums. God help us.paddy has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

Im running with win7 64bit and the ati 4870 1gb g/gard on the specs below .Im very impressed its runs every game ive tried on it(cod4,cod mw2, gta4,coh,arma2,bf2 etc)

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 LGA775 'Yorkfield' 2.66GHz Overclocked to 3.20GHz!
- Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR Intel P45 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
- Corsair XMS2 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 PC2-6400C5 TwinX Dual Channel
- LG GH22NS30 22x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer ReWriter
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache
- Akasa AK-967 Nero Direct Contact Heatpipe CPU Cooler
- OCZ ModXStream Pro 700w Silent SLI Ready ATX2 Modular Power Supply
Old 20-11-2009, 16:05   #72
Sweey
Administrator

You were looking for this

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=5776&page=16
Old 20-11-2009, 16:09   #73
paddy
  • XBox: mack2kill

paddy has discovered the General Forums. God help us.paddy has discovered the General Forums. God help us.

oops sorry i was just trying to point out that the 4870 is a great g/card and will run pretty much any game that's out there.
Old 20-11-2009, 16:24   #74
Sweey
Administrator

That it is - my 512MB runs everything I ask it to. Brilliant price when I bought it too.
Old 20-11-2009, 21:39   #75
CRISSGRAN
  • XBox: BigC Cheese

CRISSGRAN has stepped out of the darkness into slightly less darkness

The card I use for gaming is a GeForce 9600 GSO 1.5GB and it runs everything perfectly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CRISSGRAN is offline   Reply With Quote