PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 25-03-2013, 13:27   #16
Dundon's
W.G.P
  • Supports: Ozil's Eyes
  • PSN: Maragenie10

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Aye, I've got the old board off the 950 but the Dimm slots are shot and it's hanging up, hits BSOD and rebooting. Sometimes it crashes in the BIOS sometimes it hangs trying to load windows, also worth noting is that the display starts shaking before it drops out if you do get to the desktop.

Tested all the Dimm slots with different combos of RAM and what not and the A1 slot isn't detecting any memory and when it's filled gives 3 post beeps indicating there's no RAM, that's the 2nd slot in and primary slot that as far as I know has to be filled.

Tried clearing CMOS and tried other GPUs, still the same thing, if you've any suggestions I love to hear them.

Wanna sell me your board?

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dundon's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 14:08   #17
Sweey
Administrator
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundon's View Post
Aye, I've got the old board off the 950 but the Dimm slots are shot and it's hanging up, hits BSOD and rebooting. Sometimes it crashes in the BIOS sometimes it hangs trying to load windows, also worth noting is that the display starts shaking before it drops out if you do get to the desktop.

Tested all the Dimm slots with different combos of RAM and what not and the A1 slot isn't detecting any memory and when it's filled gives 3 post beeps indicating there's no RAM, that's the 2nd slot in and primary slot that as far as I know has to be filled.

Tried clearing CMOS and tried other GPUs, still the same thing, if you've any suggestions I love to hear them.

Wanna sell me your board?
Certainly. But it won't work - the i7 920 is socket 1156 and the i7 950 is socket 1366.

Can you get RAM to work in A2, B2 and if you have enough sticks, C2? You don't have to use A1.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 14:27   #18
Dundon's
W.G.P

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Sorry, I might of not explained it correctly, but yes I tried all of the slots. A2 B2 C2 are for single, dual and triple channel, then A1 B1 C1 are for anything extra, this is going by the manual.

My problem is that A2 is fucked, using B2 C2 it loads and passes post, using A2 on it's own beep beep beep, using A2 B2, pases post but only detects B2. :p

A1 B1 C1 don't even boot let alone pass post.

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 25-03-2013, 15:30   #19
Sweey
Administrator

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Ah :|
Old 25-03-2013, 16:43   #20
Dundon's
W.G.P

Indeed.

Old 02-04-2013, 15:15   #21
Dundon's
W.G.P

I built my lil brother a new PC there last week and noticed the fucker got a tidy ASRock case badge with his board. I on the other hand got none despite him getting the extreme 4 and me getting the extreme 6!

Sickened as I was I got onto ASRock moaning and believe it or not they're sending me out some now for the lols.

Might double back now and try and get one from MSI and OCZ

Old 02-04-2013, 15:18   #22
Sweey
Administrator

Bloody hell Dundon's, case badges

I'd never apply such a thing.
Old 02-04-2013, 15:21   #23
Dundon's
W.G.P

I know, I'm such a nOOb.

Quick question Sweey, what are your idle/full load temps and voltage?

I remember you posting about them before but I wasn't as clued up on them at the time and it went over my head.

Old 02-04-2013, 15:21   #24
Makavelian
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • PSN: Makavelian5408

Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

My stickers go in the bin.
Makavelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 15:26   #25
Sweey
Administrator

Quote:
I know, I'm such a nOOb.

Quick question Sweey, what are your idle/full load temps and voltage?

I remember you posting about them before but I wasn't as clued up on them at the time and it went over my head.
I'll have to check voltage when I'm at home but idle temps in the Antec 1100 are 37-40 degrees on the i7 920s cores - that's a full 10 degrees less than the ridiculous ones my Silverstone case was giving. Quite why I waited so long to change case I have no idea. Not sure about full load, probably mid 60s/up to 70 as the i7s from that generation would get very hot.

Not the right place for it but I was tweaking the GPU fan yesterday and have settled on a fan speed of just 55% up to 64 degrees with an increase to 60% (annoying to me for a prolonged period) at 65 degrees. It appears that with this setup, the card occasionally hits 65 for a few seconds and then goes down to 64 from the additional airflow. Far better than the old case once again.
Old 02-04-2013, 15:55   #26
Dundon's
W.G.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
My stickers go in the bin.
Tough guy eh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweey View Post
I'll have to check voltage when I'm at home but idle temps in the Antec 1100 are 37-40 degrees on the i7 920s cores - that's a full 10 degrees less than the ridiculous ones my Silverstone case was giving. Quite why I waited so long to change case I have no idea. Not sure about full load, probably mid 60s/up to 70 as the i7s from that generation would get very hot.

Not the right place for it but I was tweaking the GPU fan yesterday and have settled on a fan speed of just 55% up to 64 degrees with an increase to 60% (annoying to me for a prolonged period) at 65 degrees. It appears that with this setup, the card occasionally hits 65 for a few seconds and then goes down to 64 from the additional airflow. Far better than the old case once again.
I might look into doing that with my GPU, I'm not liking the noise off mine either when I'm playing the likes of Sleeping Dogs or Bio, it's not insane but I'd prefer it if I didn't have to deal with it at all.

My idle temps are low 20's and full load using Aida64 reach high 60's. Read in loads of places that these are fine but I was wondering if I added a couple of fans would it help drop them even further?

My lil brothers i5 3570k which I over clocked to 4.2 is idling @16c and @.85v, full load 1.1v and 50's in the temp department

Old 02-04-2013, 16:08   #27
Makavelian

Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

No, I like decorating the inside of it.
Old 02-04-2013, 16:27   #28
Dundon's
W.G.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
No, I like decorating the inside of it.
What are you driving?

Old 02-04-2013, 16:30   #29
Makavelian

Nothing.
Old 02-04-2013, 16:37   #30
Sweey
Administrator

Quote:
I might look into doing that with my GPU, I'm not liking the noise off mine either when I'm playing the likes of Sleeping Dogs or Bio, it's not insane but I'd prefer it if I didn't have to deal with it at all.

My idle temps are low 20's and full load using Aida64 reach high 60's. Read in loads of places that these are fine but I was wondering if I added a couple of fans would it help drop them even further?

My lil brothers i5 3570k which I over clocked to 4.2 is idling @16c and @.85v, full load 1.1v and 50's in the temp department
Your temperatures sound fine to me - I suppose another fan might drop the load temps a bit but too many fans can cause the temperatures to go up (negative air flow?). The temperatures in your brother's CPU sound excellent although I prefer a constant voltage rather than a fluctuating one.

I would expect my voltage to be around 1.2 - this was a generation or two before the low wattage processors but the trade off is that my i7 920, despite being a few years old, stands up to most of the current crop making an upgrade generally pointless.