PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 05-04-2013, 15:14   #16
Sweey
Administrator
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundon's View Post
I might try fine tuning the clock speeds though, so far I have them at 10.12.12.36 and I could try tweak them lower. Would love to run it at 10.10.10.30 or even 9.9.9.28 but when you start getting lower it tends to hang on boot.
Sounds about right. There's a balance between the timings and the frequency of the RAM - just can't remember where that lies. Download and run SuperPi Mod to check how quickly the system is calculating Pi to x number of decimal places. Its a decent indicator of memory performance. There might be better programs which have been released over the last couple of years.

Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 22:42   #17
nikos24
  • Supports: Panathinaikos FC
  • PSN: kingtrynd

nikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

@Sweey - I'm planning to get a RAM because I do some video editing and I realized whenever my laptop opens up two applications related to work, it becomes really slow.

What RAM would you suggest that would work for the foreseeable future? Is it true you could get new RAM but in a few months they become defective? I was thinking of Crucial. Are they reputable?

And finally, I'm also thinking of upgrading my HDD and convert it to SSD. Would you say a 128GB SSD is better than a 500GB HDD? I have an external hard drive. My main point is just I'd like my laptop to run faster and smoother especially when editing. What can you advice? I have a MBPro 15 inch running on 4GB Ram, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core i7, with a capacity of a 500GB HDD. I'm also open to replacing my optical drive as I heard that's possible. Believe me, I'm not techy so I'd hope you reply in simple language

Many thanks in advance!
Old 22-04-2013, 23:04   #18
Sweey
Administrator

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos24 View Post
@Sweey - I'm planning to get a RAM because I do some video editing and I realized whenever my laptop opens up two applications related to work, it becomes really slow.

What RAM would you suggest that would work for the foreseeable future? Is it true you could get new RAM but in a few months they become defective? I was thinking of Crucial. Are they reputable?

And finally, I'm also thinking of upgrading my HDD and convert it to SSD. Would you say a 128GB SSD is better than a 500GB HDD? I have an external hard drive. My main point is just I'd like my laptop to run faster and smoother especially when editing. What can you advice? I have a MBPro 15 inch running on 4GB Ram, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core i7, with a capacity of a 500GB HDD. I'm also open to replacing my optical drive as I heard that's possible. Believe me, I'm not techy so I'd hope you reply in simple language

Many thanks in advance!
Crucial aren't bad but I personally prefer Corsair RAM as I've not had issues with them before. You have to get something that is compatible with your laptop - as you've got a Macbrook Pro 15 inch, you'll find lots of people doing the same thing if you search Google. I assume you'll want DDR3 RAM but there are only so many slots in the laptop and they only support memory of a certain capacity each (perhaps two slots and up to 2GB each which means you'll never get more than 4GB - you will need to check this online). The Core i7 at 2Ghz could be partly to blame for the slowness, check for other people's opinions on that as well. I know that sounds a bit of a cop out on my behalf but I'm not in the know when it comes to OS X demands on the CPU and RAM except that they're meant to be lower than Windows.

An SSD will make loading of applications and the OS considerably faster. A 128GB SSD is fine if you're using the external drive to keep everything else on. You don't want to run out of room though, so consider 256GB if money allows it...just make sure you'll need the space.
Old 23-04-2013, 22:16   #19
nikos24
  • Supports: Panathinaikos FC
  • PSN: kingtrynd

nikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alonenikos24 has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Much appreciated Sweey. I looked into Corsair and they seem decent too. I'll order online from them and I'll also invest in a 256GB as I'll probably need the space, and I'll be covered should any issue related to it arises.

Thanks Sweey!
Old 26-08-2013, 01:24   #20
Dundon's
W.G.P
  • Supports: Ozil's Eyes
  • PSN: Maragenie10

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Patriot 8GB (2x 4GB) 2133MHz Dual Channel DDR3 Viper 3 Black Mamba Memory Kit

I was just coming in here to give people the heads up on this costing just £55 on amazon with free shipping, but when I went in to see how my order was doing I noticed they've increased the price to £70!!!

Bejasus I'm a lucky man, only ordered it 2 nights ago.

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." — Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dundon's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 16:24   #21
Dundon's
W.G.P

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

The lil Cpu I got doesn't support the full speed of the RAM so I'll be using it at half mast which is a sin. I might keep my eyes out for some other RAM and shelf this for another future build down the line, who knows...

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." — Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 31-08-2013, 16:27   #22
Sweey
Administrator

At least you didn't pay a crazy price for it.
Old 31-08-2013, 18:58   #23
Dundon's
W.G.P

Lesson learned, I had checked the compatibility with the motherboard but it never dawned on me to check it with the processor. I won't get caught again.

I was reading up on it and I don't think even the Ivy bridge chip supports those speeds. Finding that hard to believe though.

Its just burning me now that I can't get the full potential out of them, as you said at least I didn't pay crazy price for it.

Old 09-08-2015, 22:49   #24
Lörd TH
  • XBox: DRUMadam

Lörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Looking to add some RAM to my PC, anyone recommend one? And I assume it's a case of turning PC off, plugging the new RAM in, turning the PC on and it will work straight away? No installation when turning the PC back on?

Here's a photo of the current RAM, will most sticks fit into it? It's 16gb Kingston Dual DDR3 btw.

Lörd TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 18:13   #25
Sweey
Administrator

You will want to get the exact same RAM (including timings and latency!) if you want to add it to what you have. You also need to know what speed of DDR3 your motherboard is limited to and make sure you buy dual channel RAM. I'm not sure if triple channel is readily available anymore but you don't want it - that was RAM which worked together as a group of three rather than in pairs (motherboards had six slots for two sets of three sticks).
Old 10-08-2015, 20:00   #26
Lörd TH

Lörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Should this be alright? I've yet to look into the motherboard limitations, but just a quick google of my current RAM brings this up.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-Serie.../dp/B00J8E8YES

Old 10-08-2015, 20:28   #27
Sweey
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lörd TH View Post
Should this be alright? I've yet to look into the motherboard limitations, but just a quick google of my current RAM brings this up.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-Serie.../dp/B00J8E8YES
It is good RAM but it may not be compatible with your current RAM (all RAM will run at the slowest capable speed of any of the sticks so you would be wasting money).
Old 14-08-2015, 02:30   #28
Dundon's
W.G.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweey View Post
It is good RAM but it may not be compatible with your current RAM (all RAM will run at the slowest capable speed of any of the sticks so you would be wasting money).

Some good advise there from the man upstairs.

Old 26-08-2015, 22:19   #29
Lörd TH

That RAM works fine btw, might get another stick at some point but 24gb seems to be enough for now.

Old 27-08-2015, 21:33   #30
Dundon's
W.G.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lörd TH View Post
That RAM works fine btw, might get another stick at some point but 24gb seems to be enough for now.