PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 15-07-2013, 12:10   #16
Sweey
Administrator
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundon's View Post
Sweey, did you order that Corsair H100? They're on Pre-Order so I was thinking they're out of stock for a while now.
Nope, watercooling scares me :>

Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 15:27   #17
Dundon's
W.G.P
  • Supports: Ozil's Eyes
  • PSN: Maragenie10

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

I'm thinking about it, on full load my temps are heading to the high 60's mark with one core hitting 70. Not happy with that like, but in a Linus review of h100 they were also up about the 60 mark.

www.confused.com

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." — Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dundon's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 15:35   #18
Makavelian
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • PSN: Makavelian5408

Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweey View Post
Nope, watercooling scares me :>
I've had a closed water loop one now on the CPU for about 3 or 4 years. Sill as good as the day I got it. I daren't take it off though because I used them metal pad thermal compound and dread the day I have to seperate it away and see the mess it's left behind.
Makavelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 16:04   #19
Dundon's
W.G.P

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

What kind of CPU temps are you getting Maka?

Idle and full load.

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." — Meyyappan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 15-07-2013, 16:08   #20
Sweey
Administrator

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
I'm thinking about it, on full load my temps are heading to the high 60's mark with one core hitting 70. Not happy with that like, but in a Linus review of h100 they were also up about the 60 mark.

www.confused.com
There's always the case to consider as well though. Just look at the ridiculous differnce between my old oven (Silverstone TJ09) and new refrigerator (Antec 1100).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makavelian View Post
I've had a closed water loop one now on the CPU for about 3 or 4 years. Sill as good as the day I got it. I daren't take it off though because I used them metal pad thermal compound and dread the day I have to seperate it away and see the mess it's left behind.
I'm lazy - I can't be bothered with the upkeep and testing for optimal temperatures etc. plus I fear a leak on the components. I know these things shouldn't happen but that doesn't mean they never do.
Old 15-07-2013, 18:52   #21
Makavelian
  • Supports: Manchester United
  • PSN: Makavelian5408

Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Makavelian is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
What kind of CPU temps are you getting Maka?

Idle and full load.
(On a AMD 965 black edition overclocked to 3.8 @1.43 volt.)
Just ran a stress test and topped out at 55 degree Celcius. Never seen it higher than 53. Being such a hot day combined with me not cleaning my PC out for about a year or something it's not that surprising
Also I set my PC to silent mode in the BIOS so the fans stay at the lowest value around 800rpm so I never hear them when the CPU gets hotter.
I have one 120mm either side of the radiator pushing and pulling the air out of my case.

Used to proper obsess over temp but don't really care anymore as long as they aren't dangerous.
Quote:
There's always the case to consider as well though. Just look at the ridiculous differnce between my old oven (Silverstone TJ09) and new refrigerator (Antec 1100).

I'm lazy - I can't be bothered with the upkeep and testing for optimal temperatures etc. plus I fear a leak on the components. I know these things shouldn't happen but that doesn't mean they never do.
Since I switched over to a water cooling it has needed less maintenance than the air ones I've had over the years. Temps are pretty much the same as well as the day I got it.
Makavelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 19:39   #22
Dundon's
W.G.P

Quote:

I guess, but my case has extremely good cooling setup, 2 front fans, 1 giant side window fan and an exhaust fan and all of them are Corsair. It might be my 4.2 overclock aswell, might consider dropping it by .2.

Everywhere I look people are saying that anything under 85 is safe to run long term but when mine hit 70 I started to get paranoid. Another thing I'm going to try now is to see what the temps hit using the 6850, would you know anything about GPUs that exhaust air out the back of the case, are they much better than the regular 2 fan setup?

Old 02-08-2013, 03:59   #23
Dundon's
W.G.P

I'm coming across this thing where you use your SSD in Raid mode with a standard HDD and it's supposed to speed it up.

Now, I could be talking total bollox here hence why I'm asking does anyone know any about this and how it works?

I thank you.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:34   #24
Sweey
Administrator

If you put an SSD and HDD into RAID 1, they will both perform at the speed of the slowest drive. I think putting an SSD into RAID would also disable TRIM but I can't be 100% on that.

You may have approached this from what certain laptops/ultrabooks do with a hybrid setup - the OS is on a small SSD for fast boot times but then there's a cheap, high capacity HDD to keep the manufacturing cost down.
Old 02-08-2013, 19:32   #25
Dundon's
W.G.P

Nice one brother, I'll look into it a bit more shur.

Old 27-08-2013, 02:14   #26
Dundon's
W.G.P

A question!

I've a problem that's been on going for a while now but I've finally had enough and want to try and get to the bottom of it.

It seems that desktop icons especially those pinned to the taskbar are disappearing/turning into a white default like icons. End the end I delete them and replace them with new shortcuts, this last only for while though and they tend to go bananas randomly again over time.

Does anyone know anything about these sort of issues?

Sweey Cough*

Old 27-08-2013, 07:34   #27
Sweey
Administrator

http://superuser.com/questions/16556...-icons-corrupt ?

Could also be some strange behaviour from desktop cleanup: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...f-07ea2189311e
Old 27-08-2013, 13:48   #28
Dundon's
W.G.P

That first link you provided is exactly what's wrong with mine, I'll look into that later tonight when I get time and report back.

Old 03-09-2013, 02:35   #29
Dundon's
W.G.P

Quote:
Couldn't figure it out so I just killed the whole thing and upgraded to Windows 8.

Best thing ever, nice and fresh. It did take a bit of time to start finding my way around but if you stick with it you can customize the whole thing to your liking. The new start page is beautiful, extremely impressed with that.

Windows 7 was a great OS and never gave me an ounce of bother, but at the end of the day you have to really move with the times and if the new games are created for this OS it doesn't make sense not to evolve with them.

That was the thinking behind it anyways.

Old 03-09-2013, 13:25   #30
Viperized
  • Supports: Arsenal

Viperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by AliViperized has by now had a thread closed by Ali

I'm waiting for Windows 8.1

I think Win 8 would piss me off at it's current state.