PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 15-01-2014, 09:03   #1
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

SSD - why should I buy one? What should I install?

Everyone keeps telling me I need an ssd in my build. I've looked around and I can probably budget for a Kingston one butmy question is why should I? Are the benefits that noticeable?

Is the os the key thing to install on it? What else?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2014, 15:38   #2
Appswah
Country Captain
  • Supports: Manchester United / New England Patriots
  • XBox: Appswah
  • PSN: Appswah

Appswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outAppswah is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

I got one to put windows 8.1 on, nearly everything else is on my other HDD. Boots in seconds and everything so related is ridiculously quick. Only other thing on my SSD is BF4 which loads quick but I haven't tried it on a normal HDD so can't say how much faster.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Appswah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2014, 18:14   #3
Sweey
Administrator
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Do not buy a medium value one. Go all the way (120GB Samsung 840 EVO for example, the premium for a Samsung 840 Pro isn't necessary) or don't bother. There are one or two other drives that live with the Samsung ones in terms of speed and reliability but not many.

The operating system is the essential thing to install on it with applications not far behind. Fast access speeds (reading and writing) and generally speaking reliability are the reasons. There are no moving parts in SSDs. Don't bother with games, put those on a separate drive.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2014, 18:24   #4
Jonno394
XLV
  • Supports: Birmingham City
  • PSN: jonno394

Jonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countJonno394 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Ive read around and the Kingston one has been getting good reviews tbh.

I see @dundons ordered his cpu off pixmania. Have you ever used them sweey?

Jonno394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2014, 18:35   #5
Sweey
Administrator

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno394 View Post
Ive read around and the Kingston one has been getting good reviews tbh.

No and I wouldn't. I only buy from Amazon, Scan and Overclockers UK. No fudging about when it comes to my computer.
Old 15-01-2014, 20:05   #6
Dundon's
W.G.P
  • Supports: Ozil's Eyes
  • PSN: Maragenie10

Dundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outDundon's is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno394 View Post

Yeah and it was the biggest mistake ever. Received it there last week and the fucking corners of the box were all bashed in, I guess the fact that they just slapped it into a bigger cardboard box with no inner packaging to stop it from rattling around and what not wouldn't help either.

Anyways I posted them on pictures and gave them a load of shit, still waiting to hear what's happening with it. Even getting a refund at this stage is still not good enough to make up for the inconvenience of the whole thing.

Avoid them like the plague.

"Liverpool,she is the prostitute to relax Sahin while we tried to get a good wife as simple as that." — Meyyappan

Dundon's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 16:45   #7
Lörd TH
  • XBox: DRUMadam

Lörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outLörd TH is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Looking to get an SSD myself as my laptop hard drives are slowly becoming clogged up with sample libraries. Based on previous posts @Sweey would recommend this one? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-250G...2&keywords=Ssd
Lörd TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 20:55   #8
Sweey
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lörd TH View Post
Looking to get an SSD myself as my laptop hard drives are slowly becoming clogged up with sample libraries. Based on previous posts @Sweey would recommend this one? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-250G...2&keywords=Ssd
If I were you, I'd stretch to the 850 Evo: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-2-5-...amsung+850+Evo (£98.50 direct from Amazon if you click on the "36 new" bit)