PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 29-09-2010, 13:00   #1
Papa
Thank you for reading.
  • Supports: Fulham FC

Papa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

The Match of the Day Prediction Game

So I was talking with a Blackburn fan the other day and he complained about his team always being last on Match of the Day, and how a great match between two mid-level sides would always come after United or Chelsea. This reminded me of how often under Coleman and Sanchez, MotD wouldn't even give Fulham an actual commentator, and instead would show 30 seconds of highlights with the commentary added later, giving the programme the nickname amongst Fulham fans 'Meanwhile at Craven Cottage'.

Anyway, this inspired me to start a prediction game. Could be good, could flop, let's try it.

AIM
Predict the running order of the games on Match of the Day. For example:
  1. Birmingham v Everton
  2. Stoke v Blackburn
  3. Sunderland v Man Utd
  4. Tottenham v Aston Villa
  5. West Brom v Bolton
  6. West Ham v Fulham
  7. Wigan v Wolverhampton

SCORING
Each game in its correct position earns one point.
If you correctly predict a game not including Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal or Liverpool to come first, you earn three points.
If you correctly predict a game including Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal or Liverpool to come last, you earn three points.

RULES
Predictions must be in by 12 noon on matchday. Edits may be made to posts up to then but not after.
This is only being done for Saturday matches. Not Match of the Day 2, unless someone else wants to run that.

OK happy tipping. I'll try to provide a prize but I can't guarantee that. If anyone wants to help, feel free. Any questions go ahead and ask.

ROUND ONE
Birmingham v Everton
Stoke v Blackburn
Sunderland v Man Utd
Tottenham v Aston Villa
West Brom v Bolton
West Ham v Fulham
Wigan v Wolverhampton

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Papa; 29-09-2010 at 13:28..
Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 13:15   #2
Dragonfly
Waiting....
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • PSN: Zuboronovic

Dragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Sounds good. I assume this only for Sturday matches? Sometimes (although rarely), the number of games are evenly spread over the weekend.

The only thing you can guarantee is, if Arsenal lose, they'll be shown first.

I'll make my predictions later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Violence. It's all the rage. | "Hatred is wasted energy."
"Let it always be known, that I was who I am."
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 13:25   #3
Haribo
Super Moderator
  • Supports: Manchester United

Haribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post countHaribo is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

I thought this was going to be predictions for how many times Shearer calls David Silva, "Villa".
Haribo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 13:27   #4
Dragonfly
Waiting....

Dragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermo View Post
I thought this was going to be predictions for how many times Shearer calls David Silva, "Villa".
Haha. Wasn't he corrected on Saturday?

Old 29-09-2010, 13:29   #5
Papa
Thank you for reading.

Papa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung outPapa is likely to have heard by now that PESInsight was where the cool kids hung out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
Sounds good. I assume this only for Sturday matches? Sometimes (although rarely), the number of games are evenly spread over the weekend.
Thanks for pointing that out, I wrote that and then deleted it for some reason.

Yes, it's only for Saturday matches. Unless it's one of those weekends with tons of Sunday games in which case I'll probably change it.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:24   #6
Papa
Thank you for reading.

Deadline today (because I forgot to bump this thread) is 12.30, so get your predictions in if you want to take part.
  1. Tottenham v Aston Villa
  2. Sunderland v Man United
  3. West Brom v Bolton
  4. West Ham v Fulham
  5. Birmingham v Everton
  6. Wigan v Wolves
  7. Stoke v Blackburn

Old 02-10-2010, 11:29   #7
Dragonfly
Waiting....

1-Sunderland v Man Utd
2-Tottenham v Aston Villa
3-West Ham v Fulham
4-Birmingham v Everton
5-Stoke v Blackburn
6-West Brom v Bolton
7-Wigan v Wolverhampton

Old 02-10-2010, 11:41   #8
Bish
  • Supports: Arsenal & Miami Dolphins
  • PSN: C-Note_7

Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

1. Sunderland v Man Utd
2. Tottenham v Aston Villa
3. Birmingham v Everton
4. West Brom v Bolton
5. Stoke v Blackburn
6. West Ham v Fulham
7. Wigan v Wolves
Bish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:48   #9
Joel
Joined For Fun
  • Supports: Chelsea FC
  • PSN: inZane88

Joel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusJoel is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

1 - Sunderland v Man Utd
2 - Tottenham v Aston Villa
3 - West Ham v Fulham
4 - Wigan v Wolverhampton
5 - West Brom v Bolton
6 - Birmingham v Everton
7 - Stoke v Blackburn
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:18   #10
nath_scfc
  • Supports: Stoke City & Denver Nuggets
  • XBox: NathR88

nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.nath_scfc is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Sunderland v Man Utd
Tottenham v Aston Villa
West Ham v Fulham
Birmingham v Everton
Wigan v Wolverhampton
West Brom v Bolton
Stoke v Blackburn

More time will be spent on making snide remarks about Stoke and Blackburn than any sort of analysis.
nath_scfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 17:41   #11
Papa
Thank you for reading.

CORRECT ORDER
  1. Tottenham v Aston Villa
  2. Sunderland v Man Utd
  3. Birmingham v Everton
  4. Wigan v Wolverhampton
  5. Stoke v Blackburn
  6. West Ham v Fulham
  7. West Brom v Bolton

TABLE
1- Papa 4
2- TheBishop 3
3= Dragonfly 1
3=Joel 1
5- nath_scfc 0

As the only person to predict Spurs v Villa first, I take the lead. To people who didn't take part this week, make sure to get your predictions in for next week. As you can see it was a pretty low-scoring round so you're not starting from too far behind.

Old 22-10-2010, 16:18   #12
Papa
Thank you for reading.

Right, I forgot about this last week so although it's week three of the game, here's round two! You know the score, stick them in order, treble points if you get a 'big four' team to come last or two non-big four teams to come first.

Birmingham v Blackpool
Chelsea v Wolverhampton
Sunderland v Aston Villa
Tottenham v Everton
West Brom v Fulham
West Ham v Newcastle
Wigan v Bolton

My Entry.
  1. Chelsea v Wolverhampton
  2. Tottenham v Everton
  3. West Ham v Newcastle
  4. West Brom v Fulham
  5. Sunderland v Aston Villa
  6. Birmingham v Blackpool
  7. Wigan v Bolton

Old 22-10-2010, 17:26   #13
Bammers05
  • PSN: Eggy_Bread05

Bammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post countBammers05 is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

1. Tottenham v Everton
2. Sunderland v Aston Villa
3. Chelsea v Wolverhampton
4. West Ham v Newcastle
5. Wigan v Bolton
7. West Brom v Fulham

Thanks to muscularmatt for helping me find my sig.

Quote:
Be rich off the field and be bitch on the field
Bammers05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2010, 17:38   #14
Bez

Bez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprenticeBez is Joel or Hunter's apprentice

1. Tottenham v Everton
2. West Ham v Newcastle
3. Chelsea v Wolverhampton
4. Sunderland v Aston Villa
5. Birmingham v Blackpool
6. Wigan v Bolton
7. West Brom v Fulham
Old 22-10-2010, 18:56   #15
Bish
  • Supports: Arsenal & Miami Dolphins
  • PSN: C-Note_7

Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

1. Chelsea v Wolverhampton
2. Tottenham v Everton
3. Sunderland v Aston Villa
4. West Ham v Newcastle
5. Wigan v Bolton
7. West Brom v Fulham
Bish is offline   Reply With Quote