PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
User Tag List

Old 04-09-2012, 18:07   #16
dolcem

dolcem is an unknown

I think I may know why these problems are occurring. It's the difficulty level.

I'm not the best at video games, especially now that I've relatively recently started using controllers instead of the keyboard (a necessity now that the games have 360 degree movement) as I never owned a console as a kid and wasn't good with controllers. So I'll admit that in the soccer games I've owned (always on the PC, PES 6, then PES 2009, then FIFA 11, now PES 2012) I usually play on the second highest difficulty level or the highest.

I found this year's PES to be extremely frustrating. Although some aspects of it are great, there are a lot of things wrong with it that really hold it back. A lot of the stuff I can't put my finger on but mostly it's the passing. I have the setting on assisted (one bar) but often times it does through balls when I don't want a through ball. Passes towards the sidelines are inexplicably kicked out of bounds. And every through ball is kicked way too far ahead of the player. But most of all, I'm amazed at how often passes end up going to the wrong player.

Anyway, so on this year's PES I play on Professional and even that is probably too hard...I found the BAL mode really difficult (even when I played well I couldn't get a high rating) so I tried it on Regular.

At the beginning of the season my ratings weren't so good so I missed my chance to get in the starting lineup. After that I'd come off the bench (when I had a red arrow, or towards the end, sometimes with an orange) and I started to do well. At the end of the season I had an average rating of 6.8 (by far the best on my team) but only 9 appearances in 30 league games! I was surprised at how little I played.

Even though my contribution was small, we finished in 2nd place. And I was GIL VICENTE in the Portuguese league. GIL VICENTE! My teammates were pretty good and we always managed to win games.

So I think it has to do with the difficulty level. The quality of your AI teammates depends a lot on the difficulty level...on lower levels, they are way better than they should be. On higher levels, they are way worse than they should be.

dolcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 20:10   #17
Sabatasso
Banned
  • Supports: Tottenham Hotspur & LSK
  • XBox: XBOX_must_die
  • PSN: PS3_must_die

Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Sabatasso has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

There is a massive change in difficulty once your player reaches 75 overall rating, and an added overall gamespeed increase as well. If you previously played at gamespeed 0, it's effectively +1 the second you reach 75 overall rating. You can "counter" the effect for a while by setting it at -1, making it effectively 0. But once your player is in the mid 80's, the gamespeed is effectively +2 even if you set it at -2.

Stupid yes... I never accused Konami of being overly smart in their technical department.

EDIT: This basically means that you can only grind out three or four fun season of BAL before it all turns into a meth fueled mayhem. That's also assuming you get straight into the first team, basic rule of thumb to do so is to go for a player with 8 form.
Sabatasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 12:15   #18
itsame

itsame is an unknown

Meh, ive found it plays a good fair game on pro difficulty.

First season is always difficult till you get your teamwork rating up, no matter how hard you call for the ball they jsut play stupid balls to bad wingers. Then once you hit about 60 teamwork you can run the team.

Put it this way i started with a 56 OVR rated AMF and by season 3 im rated 82 OVR. Investing in skill bonuses and good boots should help, also extra positions/skills.
itsame is offline   Reply With Quote