PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 03-08-2008, 21:50   #31
doyin

doyin is as bad as a Meyyappan post

Barricade( a local metal band where i stay, they totally rock)- Sugar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

doyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 21:55   #32
smolarek

smolarek is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoboy View Post
Obviously you haven't heard a lot of music then.
lol its solidarity just occurred to me that you haven't aswell. Soul and passion is what you do when you take the time to put forth your music and writing it just because a band (example: Dragonforce) shreds riffs constantly doesn't mean they have no soul for what they do.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
smolarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 22:26   #33
Original?
istrator
  • PSN: DivinoCodino

Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Unfortunately your posts are far from coherent which makes it difficult to dispute them, I presume that's the language barrier and therefore there's little we can do about it. Though your English is far better than my Polish!

The best guitar solo is one that is inkeeping with the tempo of the song, meaning of the song and is well played. Playing notes extremely quickly is impressive, there is no doubt about that, it takes great accuracy, speed and stamina, however it is entirely unnecessary to a succesful guitar solo. That said however, most top guitarists can play scales a breakneck speed, I think this is overlooked often. On the other hand just because a solo is fast doesn't mean it isn't 'soulful'.

Some of the solos from Iron Maiden are fantastic, then again so are some from Guns N' Roses, Muse, Led Zeppelin and many more. There are plenty of solos both slow and fast that are wonderful and therefore speed has no bearing on the quality of a solo, if it fits and it sounds good it's fine by me!
Original? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 23:28   #34
Dragonfly
Waiting....
  • Supports: Arsenal
  • PSN: Zuboronovic

Dragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Nothing has beaten the solo from 'Digital Love' by Daft Punk since I first heard it all the way back in the early 2000s.

Violence. It's all the rage. | "Hatred is wasted energy."
"Let it always be known, that I was who I am."
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 23:35   #35
Original?
istrator

Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Original? is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

You haven't listened to Free Bird I take it then?
Old 03-08-2008, 23:37   #36
Bravoboy
  • Supports: Brighton

Bravoboy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
Nothing has beaten the solo from 'Digital Love' by Daft Punk since I first heard it all the way back in the early 2000s.
Have you seen them perform it live?

Blimey, a quick search on YouTube reveals that it is actually possible to play on a real string instrument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU4WUD_40jU
Old 03-08-2008, 23:48   #37
Dragonfly
Waiting....

Dragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like statusDragonfly is now aiming for Zygalski God-like status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original? View Post
You haven't listened to Free Bird I take it then?
I never realised they wrote that song this decade.

I remember hearing it after the other guitar solo thread a few months back, but still didn't think anything was better than Digital Love. I can't remember it to be honest. I'll give it another listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravoboy View Post
Have you seen them perform it live?

Blimey, a quick search on YouTube reveals that it is actually possible to play on a real string instrument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU4WUD_40jU
Haha! I know. I posted a video of someone playing it on a guitar in the other best guitar solo thread. It was a different video to the one you posted.

Old 04-08-2008, 00:08   #38
Cookie
Wait...
  • XBox: CMonstR9000

Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

I have so many favourites; Free Bird, Layla, November Rain, Voodoo Child, Little Wing and many more.
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 00:14   #39
Original?
istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
I never realised they wrote that song this decade.
Don't try to get clever with me boy, you never indicated it had to be released post-2000! Just that nothing had bettered it since its release, as long as Free Bird has been played since 2000 it has had the opportunity to 'beat it', which I assure you it does!

You'd do well to listen to it again!

Cookie: Estranged > November Rain! Though I love both.
Old 04-08-2008, 00:15   #40
Top Gun
  • XBox: Zodiac19

Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?Top Gun has by now received a condescending reply from Football777. Right Son?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KIq5x8-QL-o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KIq5x8-QL-o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

&#172;_&#172;
Top Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 00:21   #41
Cookie
Wait...

Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Cookie is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original?
Cookie: Estranged > November Rain! Though I love both.
It's arguable, but yes, both are fantastic.
Old 04-08-2008, 00:27   #42
Original?
istrator

Cookie, you ever listened to Savatage?
Old 04-08-2008, 00:47   #43
Cookie
Wait...

Can't say I've heard of them before now. I've just watched a bit of their stuff on Youtube and they seem pretty decent, but after reading up on them, it seems they arrived on the scene a bit too late to make much of an impression.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:06   #44
Original?
istrator

Good man, their guitarist Criss Oliva is particularly good and to keep it on topic the solos in When the Crowds are Gone and Summer's Rain are particularly good. Aye, it would seem they arrived a little late but they're definitely worth checking out.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:16   #45
Dragonfly
Waiting....

Yeah, I still prefer Digital Love, even though it's a fraction of the length of Free Bird's solo. However, after just listening to Stone Roses' 'Tears', I think I would have to say that is my favourite solo (for now).