PESGaming Associates: Downloads Centre | Soccer Gaming
sponsored by: cedar park lawn service and landscaping
Old 14-08-2006, 13:42   #1
Krook
Ex-Classic Creator

Krook has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneKrook has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneKrook has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneKrook has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneKrook has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneKrook has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Aston Villa

Right, as there seems to be a new era dawning on Villa Park I thought it only right to make one of these official club thread thingys.

Our off-season has gone from despair to optimism. O'Leary was shipped out and in came the surprising but excellent appointment of Martin O'Neill as his replacement. After the Ellis regime being more critised with each passing day, 'Deadly' Doug has finally stepped down after accepting a £62.6m takeover of the club from American billionaire Randy Lerner.

This should hopefully make some funds available (rumoured around £20m) for O'Neill to spend in just over two weeks of the transfer window left open.

The fact that we may be moving from the staleness and mould which has set into our club for many years has envoked a fresh new feel and dare I say it, I'm actually excited to see how we will fare in the next few seasons. For a club that I have supported from childhood I am, in the polite sense, happy as fuck.

Anyway Villa fan or not, what do you think of this takeover? Good or bad and what players may we get for the money we have now.... feel free to do so.

First fixture of the premiership: Arsenal... away.

I will edit in the squad details when the season starts.

P.S. This thread may well and truly die, sure... but I don't mind talking to myself.

Krook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 14:22   #2
Freestyle27
Howay the Lads
  • PSN: mucha27

Freestyle27 has disabled reputation

Theres only you Krook, not sure there's many Villa fans on here.
Freestyle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 14:35   #3
Krook
Ex-Classic Creator

Krook has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneKrook has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneKrook has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneKrook has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneKrook has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneKrook has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle27
Theres only you Krook, not sure there's many Villa fans on here.
I already know this, you don't need to support the club to have an opinion on it.

What with the takeover and a new manager in place I just thought there is alot of focus on us now and there are theories that we will challenge for Europe in the next few seasons.

Agree/Disagree? I thought forums were fundamentally about expressing opinions...
Old 14-08-2006, 14:36   #4
ads
NUFC
  • Supports: Newcastle United
  • XBox: CurlyJefferson7

ads has by now had a thread closed by Aliads has by now had a thread closed by Aliads has by now had a thread closed by Aliads has by now had a thread closed by Aliads has by now had a thread closed by Aliads has by now had a thread closed by Aliads has by now had a thread closed by Aliads has by now had a thread closed by Aliads has by now had a thread closed by Aliads has by now had a thread closed by Aliads has by now had a thread closed by Ali

I'm sure Huw will post up every now and then

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 14:38   #5
Krook
Ex-Classic Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads
As long as he is constructive in his comments, however critical then I welcome it. After all I haven't hurled abuse in his Blues thread...
Old 14-08-2006, 14:40   #6
ads
NUFC

ads has by now had a thread closed by Aliads has by now had a thread closed by Aliads has by now had a thread closed by Aliads has by now had a thread closed by Aliads has by now had a thread closed by Aliads has by now had a thread closed by Aliads has by now had a thread closed by Aliads has by now had a thread closed by Aliads has by now had a thread closed by Aliads has by now had a thread closed by Aliads has by now had a thread closed by Ali

We'll wait and see what this American guy has in store for Villa shall we?!

Change of name perhaps? The Aston Villa Claret Sox

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 14-08-2006, 14:53   #7
Krook
Ex-Classic Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads
We'll wait and see what this American guy has in store for Villa shall we?!

Change of name perhaps? The Aston Villa Claret Sox

Of all the bids it had to be an American who would get in there didn't it? Although I don't want to label all of them as 'tycoon tyrants who have no clue whatsoever about 'soccer' I think the change of hands was much needed. At this present moment in time I welcome him withopen arms, we certainly needed a change and a fresh beginning to take the club further than the humdrum of past years.

Anyway whether this will be to great effect or a detriment to the club we'll wait and see...
Old 14-08-2006, 14:59   #8
Wiserommer

Wiserommer has disabled reputation

its a great day for villa fans such as myself to hear this type of news....What makes this more impressive is the fact we would never go into debt and the amount of money we can use is limitless since Mr lerner owns a credit card buisness.
Wiserommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 15:03   #9
Bish
  • Supports: Arsenal & Miami Dolphins
  • PSN: C-Note_7

Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.Bish is most likely an Admin or a Mod. Or a blight on the PESGaming community.

I was expecting a thrashing against Villa in our first game, now i'm expecting.... a comfortable win.
Seriously though, i had them down for relegation but with O'Neill and a new richer and optimistic owner with a bigger transfer budget, i think Villa will do quite well this season. Still not a European place but pushing in the top half of the table.
Bish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 15:39   #10
Sweey
*RETIRED*
  • Supports: AC Milan, Italy, Red Star Belgrade, Boavista
  • PSN: calcio_di_rigore

Sweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post countSweey is aiming for Dragonfly's post count

They haven't got much time to sign anyone. Looks as though they'll make big moves in the transfer market in January - though Petrov may arrive this month.
Sweey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 15:49   #11
ads
NUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krook

Of all the bids it had to be an American who would get in there didn't it? Although I don't want to label all of them as 'tycoon tyrants who have no clue whatsoever about 'soccer' I think the change of hands was much needed. At this present moment in time I welcome him withopen arms, we certainly needed a change and a fresh beginning to take the club further than the humdrum of past years.

Anyway whether this will be to great effect or a detriment to the club we'll wait and see...
Lets be honest mate he'd have to be a proper cunt to be worse than Doug Ellis.

Old 14-08-2006, 16:11   #12
Huw
PESInsight Legend
  • Supports: Birmingham City, Arizona Cardinals, Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Coyotes

Huw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads
Stop stirring Ads !

A lot of my mates are Villa fans.

Anyway this takeover can only be a good thing for Villa. This, plus Martin O'Neill's signing make it a pretty good month for you lot. Interesting to see how it all turns out.

Huw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 16:16   #13
Krook
Ex-Classic Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by huw140269
Stop stirring Ads !

A lot of my mates are Villa fans.

Anyway this takeover can only be a good thing for Villa. This, plus Martin O'Neill's signing make it a pretty good month for you lot. Interesting to see how it all turns out.
Hey huw are you sure you are a Blues fan?

Even my own mates who are Blue-noses are acting a little bitter and think us Villans are getting worked up too much about these developments...
Old 14-08-2006, 16:30   #14
Huw
PESInsight Legend
  • Supports: Birmingham City, Arizona Cardinals, Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Coyotes

Huw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week aloneHuw has read all 32 threads opened by Viperized this week alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krook
Hey huw are you sure you are a Blues fan?

Even my own mates who are Blue-noses are acting a little bitter and think us Villans are getting worked up too much about these developments...
I think weve got enough problems of our own at the moment to worry about what you lot are up to.

Saying that, this Randy bloke may have a few quid, but so has Sullivan and the two Gold Brothers. So you dont beat us there. Also he owns the Cleveland Browns who are arguably the worst American Football team ever - but very profitable. He doesnt care about Villa, he just wants to make money, and he will upgrade Villa Park, not for the team, but for the commercial opportunities. In fact I would say that the football team is the smallest and least profitable part of Aston Vila plc. He even referred to it as a "Loss Leader" ie he will spend money and make a loss knowing that he will gain somewhere else. I dont what his plans are.

Huw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 17:01   #15
Krook
Ex-Classic Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by huw140269
I think weve got enough problems of our own at the moment to worry about what you lot are up to.

Saying that, this Randy bloke may have a few quid, but so has Sullivan and the two Gold Brothers. So you dont beat us there. Also he owns the Cleveland Browns who are arguably the worst American Football team ever - but very profitable. He doesnt care about Villa, he just wants to make money, and he will upgrade Villa Park, not for the team, but for the commercial opportunities. In fact I would say that the football team is the smallest and least profitable part of Aston Vila plc. He even referred to it as a "Loss Leader" ie he will spend money and make a loss knowing that he will gain somewhere else. I dont what his plans are.
Yep, it's not as black & white as it seems. Sure he could have made a decent bid presentation detailing what he plans to do with the club, but he can't be held to it....

Just a case of wait and see I guess.