Okay guys, I discovered a way to have the latest Konami update without it having to mess with Rosh's Option File.
What you would have to do is start over again. Erase everything from PES2010 in the XMB.
1. Once you have deleted the Game data files, and all of Rosh's OF files (I'm not sure but probably deleting the Edit Data is enough), now pop PES in, make sure you have Internet connection.
2. Download/install 1.3 update that should appear before the game actually loads.
3. Game loads and creates System Data. Go straight to System settings. The last option is Download. Download/install the DLC using this option (it is also labeled 1.3). Take a look at the cool new boots and balls you installed
4. Now go ahead and choose the other "Install" option in the System Settings menu. This will install some optional disc data on the hard drive to improve loading etc. Be sure to do this.
5. Quit the game and in the XMB, start copying Rosh's OF. Copy every file EXCEPT for the System Data file, by doing this you can obtain and keep trophies.
6. Load the game again and it should now detect the Edit Data from the OF for the very first time. The next thing is EXTREMELY important. A prompt will appear, basically asking you if you want to apply the DLC to the Edit Data. You have to choose NO.
7. You're done. You keep your new boots and balls, but the DLC will not mess with the Edit Data, or at least that's what it looks like.
I just need someone to tell me what would be an example of something that would enable you to determine if the OF was messed up in the game because of the DLC.
i just got the game today and just did it exactly the way I described it. When I was done, I realized that all the National Teams still had the correct names so with this I assume that the OF was not messed with in my case.
I would like others to try it out and confirm.
Ok, but I think if I do that I'll lose all classic teams and players. I've spent plenty of time to unlock everything.